Left Ear Squeaking

As of now, I am unable to get my left ear to stop squeaking. I have cleaned off everything, and tried all three sizes of eartips, and in each case mashing the ear tip painfully into my ear to try to get it to stop squeaking. Nothing is working.

I suspect my left ear at this point has a bunch of scar tissue that might be part of the problem.

I have muted the left ear, and will get some new batteries and go back to my old hearing aids for awhile to let my ears heal.

I think the suggestions of several people for custom ear buds might be the best longer-term solution. Short term, if the Heartip designers can try some experimental shapes, I would be a willing guinea pig.

Hi bhaugen,

I'm sorry you're having a problem with the left ear squeaking. 

I have moved this out of the Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements discussion because we're now talking about your individual issue.

Please don't mash the eartip into your ear. Fitting the StayHear Tips is a gentle procedure. Never do anything that inflicts pain.  

I appreciate your suggestions about custom ear buds but Bose does not comment on things that may (or may not) be in development.  As a product designer I'm sure you understand.

Please call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673.  They may have some suggestions about the squealing.  You might mention your concerns about having damaged the inner screen while following the written cleaning instructions Bose provides online.

Thank you,

ST

See https://community.bose.com/t5/Hearphones/Possible-solution-for-ear-pain-and-feedback-noises-squealing-and/m-p/198325#M2076 for the solution. 

TL;DR: don't mash the ear tips into your ear. Put them in nice and gentle and experiment with different ear tip sizes until you get one that closes over your ear channel without hurting.

I didn't see ST's reply above until I had already posted my separate message. Easy does it is the way to go!