Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 - Acceptable voltage: Does Australian devise works in the US?

I am currently living in Australia, enjoying great sound with Lifestyle SoundTouch 535 (bought in Australia). I am soon moving to the US. Is the system compatible with US standard voltable and frequency (50 vs 60 Htz)? If not, is it possible to purchase a voltage converter? Does that affect the quality of sound (frequency in particular)? 

Finally, is there a general rule for other Bose sound systems? I have the following:

- Wave SoundTouch music system IV

- Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Speaker

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi Amazon1234, 

Thanks for reaching out to us today and thank you for your question. 

The systems will all have different Power Ratings, they are as follows: 

Wave Soundtouch IV: 120 V, 60 Hz, 60 W max

SoundTouch 10: 100-240 V 50/60 Hz, 30 W

Lifestyle 535: North America: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz 

Your systems will be fine with the conversion if they fit in these requirements. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Thanks for you response. Can you confirm that I understand your email correctly?

ALL the devices I have listed were purchased in AUSTRALIA. I am wondering if I can bring these devices from Australia to the US.

Wave Soundtouch IV: 120 V, 60 Hz, 60 W max

Is that possible that a 120V device work in Australia (220V)? Are you refering to the US version?

SoundTouch 10: 100-240 V 50/60 Hz, 30 W

Compatible both in the US and in Australia

Lifestyle 535: North America: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz

My device was bought in Australia but will be compatible in the US.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Amazon1234,

Thank you for this information, I would love to clarify this for you.

Your SoundTouch 10 and Lifestyle 535 systems will be fine to use in the US as they are within the same voltage range. However when using your Wave system, going from 220V to 120V will affect the performance of the speaker as well as potentially causing damage, therefore I would not recommend this. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Tegan M