LifeStyle V35 Acoustimass Power Issue

I am just connecting my lifestyle v35 after a move. During setup, I get the message the acoustimass not connected or powered on. How can I check if it is an issue with the bass unit or the main unit? I have verified all cords are connected and it is powered on.

Hello Itjunky, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with setting up your Lifestyle V35. I'd happily assist you with this matter.

Can you please inform us on if any power is getting to your Acoustimass Module? You can observe this via the LEDs on the system. Please let us know what colors are visible and their sequence if any. 

Please let us know,  we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

I dont see any LEDs on it. where would the be located? It is model PS28 III.

Hello Itjunky, 

The LEDs for the Lifestyle V35 Acoustimass module is located on the back of the unit near the connection ports. There you will have both a green and orange LED indicator. I have issued an example image below

cq5dam.web.1000.1000.png

I hope this helps. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

There are no LED lights on. I did notice that I was using the power cord from my SoundTouch 10 instead. This is a non polarized plug. I switched it to the correct one but it still does not light up. Could I have caused a problem using the wrong cord?

Try checking to see if you have your Bose System Lifestyle V35 updated.

See below for details.  

To obtain the software version, follow these steps:

Turn the TV on

Select the TV video input that connects to the system

on the control console, press and hold setup until the "system information" screen displays

Line 5 will display the currently installed console software version

On the remote, press any button

Line 10 will display the currently installed remote software version

Here is a pic

I found the issue. I was lucky enough to know someone that has the same system just different series. We swapped out pieces and parts until we narrowed it down to the 9 pin cord  that runs from the system to the acoustimass unit. Strange there are no bent/missing pins or damage to the wire. but when I used the other cable it worked fine.

How do I get a replacement cord?

Hi Itjunky, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

That's great news! To source a replacement, all you need to do is give the Customer Care team a call. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O