Lifestyle V35 Second room

I have a Bose Lifestyle 35V Home Entertainment system.

Purchased in 2013.

I have a Bose SA-2 Amplifier with Bose link cable.

I have a Bose RC48S2-40 Remote Control.

My understanding is the SA-2 Amp should be compatible with the V35 System but am unsure if the remote is compatible.

What I’m trying to achieve is to run the amplifier through the V35 system to play in a separate room which I believe has to be done through a separate remote.

If you could give me some direction on how to achieve this it would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Glenn

Hi chippa77,

You can indeed use your SA-2 amplifier with your Lifestyle V35 system. The best place to start when looking at how best to set this up would be the installation guide for the SA-2 amplifier which you can find HERE.

To control the SA-2 with your Lifestyle you would want to use an RC35S2 remote or a PMCIII remote. I'll post the steps for setting both of these remotes up for this below.

Remote Settings: RC35S2

1. Remove the battery cover from the back of the remote
  2. Switches 1-4 determine the house code for the expansion room remote. They should not need to be changed as both the console and remote are set to House Code 15 (1, 2, 3 and 4 up) from the factory
  3. Switch 5 can be left in either the up or down position. This switch does not have any function
  4. Switches 6-9 determine the Room Code. Set the position of these switches to match the Room Code of the expansion product to be controlled
  5. Replace the battery cover

Remote Settings: PMCIII

1. Be sure the console is running software version 01.07.00 or greater
  2. Press the Setup button on the PMCIII
  3. Tip the Navigation bar down to highlight the Room Code option, then press the Right Arrow button
  4. Highlight the Room Code that matches the room code of the expansion product and press the Navigation bar in to select it
  5. Press the Left Arrow button to exit the Setup menu

I hope this helps!