MB12 Settings for the SEQ files for CSD

Hey Team,

One of my reps asked me what SEQ file he should be using for the MB12 in the SpeakerPEQ block - the MB4 or the MB24?
I told him to use the MB24 but in comparing it to the MB4 block, I thought of an issue with this (and the MB4 block as well). The MB4 has a RMS limiter setting of 40 volts and the MB24 has RMS limiter setting of 50 volts. My question is would the MB12 would have a RMS setting somewhere in the middle of these two other bass cabinets? If so, why don’t we have separate file for it?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You/they should use the MB24 .seq files for the MB12. The settings will be correct, even the limiter.

The RMS limiter threshold for the MB24 is 57v (rounded from 56.6), calculated from the power handling of the product using W=Vx(V/R). It gets limited to 50v for a single PM channel - need a bridged pair to achieve full power. Since the MB12 is double the impedance of an MB24 (8 Ohm rather than 4) for the same voltage the power will be halved which is correct for the product.

I guess the reason there aren’t separate files is that they aren’t really necessary and the files were created equivalent to the PSDC which didn’t have separate settings for Mb12…

Hope that helps

Best regards
Rob

And what if the MB12 is connected to a quad out of a PW8250? 

Hi Labworx,

Since Quad mode uses current to achieve additional power, the settings for v-bridge and quad mode on the limiter can/will be the same, as the speaker is not at higher risk. 

Thanks,

ChrisJ-at-Bose