Mixing L1 / F1

Hello,  my band is just gearing up and we are using my L1 Model II with (2) B1 bass modules and a T1 to handle my vocals and acoustic guitar during practice.  I also have a F1 stack, but only one side (collecting dust). 

I love the way the L1 sounds, and how easy it is to set up/take down.  The F1 stack is fine too, but I need to figure out my next move.    

My question is, is there any way to have both systems play nicely together?   In other words, can I use what I have and add one more piece of the puzzle to finish our PA?  Could add another F1 stack for FOH, but then we'd need the L1 Model II for all monitoring...not good.   

In the end we'll have the following (playing country/southern rock): 

3 vocal mics

1 acoustic guitar (acoustic electric - not mic'd)

2 electric guitars playing through low volume amps and mic'd

Kick drum mic'd

Bass guitar (PA or not to PA....that is another question)

Fiddle

Possible keyboards

We're talking typical bar gigs for now....if we take off and start landing better gigs, we can re-visit the needs.  

I'm leaning towards selling my F1 stack, and getting another Model II with a B2 and a T4 or T8S...just not sure if that's enough though to put behind the band.  Any thoughts on this...how would you route the inputs if doing this? 

So many things to consider...hoping for some of your expert advice!  

Thanks and God bless. 

I use the L1M2 w/T8, and my old T1 slaved to the T8 if needed, and 2 F1 tops for larger gigs. Best sound around

The last time my band did a bar gig together we used an L1M2 with one B2 on one side slightly pointed across the stage and an F1 on a stand on the other side also slightly pointed across the stage (tiny stage in a  corner) so that the side-wash from the two was PLENTY of monitor and it filled that bar!

The F1 provides more PUNCH while the L1M2 provides the great full range sound. 

A nice combination to use to overcome a loud, obnoxious crowd at a gig in a venue that serves as a "support group for alcoholics".

I have done gigs in a large hall filled with 300 quiet, attentive listeners using ONE L1M2 with 2 B1 bass units.

Cowboy Upp posted:

I use the L1M2 w/T8, and my old T1 slaved to the T8 if needed, and 2 F1 tops for larger gigs. Best sound around

So you guys use the L1M2 as you only monitoring source and the 2 F1's FOH? 

Chet 3 posted:

The last time my band did a bar gig together we used an L1M2 with one B2 on one side slightly pointed across the stage and an F1 on a stand on the other side also slightly pointed across the stage (tiny stage in a  corner) so that the side-wash from the two was PLENTY of monitor and it filled that bar!

The F1 provides more PUNCH while the L1M2 provides the great full range sound. 

A nice combination to use to overcome a loud, obnoxious crowd at a gig in a venue that serves as a "support group for alcoholics".

Interesting...I don't think I've ever set up in a corner in all my 20 years of playing!   Makes sense though...stuff the drummer in there first and build around him!  

What were you mixing and what was your set up?   Did you go without a "true" monitor set up and use both the F1 and the L1 as FOH and monitors?   I noticed you didn't say anything about a T series mixer either....did you use a mixer to feed the Bose systems from the mixer main outs? 

Chet 3 posted:

I have done gigs in a large hall filled with 300 quiet, attentive listeners using ONE L1M2 with 2 B1 bass units.

Full band?   I can definitely see doing an acoustic show with it alone...that's one reason I'll never get rid of it.   The simplicity and sound quality with just me and my mic is awesome (barring my mess ups of course!). 

The 300 gig was a singer/acoustic guitar, cahon and bass (Eden Metro) and as I said, a very respectful, quiet audience -- although they did often sing along.

We had Congas (1 mic), 2 acoustic guitars plugged in, 3 vocal mics and bass direct into a 16 channel Yamaha board that night.  Hawai'ian Style Slack Key and Classic Rock.

I've also filled that bar using a JBL EON ONE and 2 Bose S1 Pros...QSC Touchmix 16 mixer.