More about ear pain

This is a followup to my previous adventures with ear pain and feedback noises.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Hearphones/Possible-solution-for-ear-pain-and-feedback-noises-squealing-and/m-p/198440

In that other thread, I learned that I had been doing it wrong by mashing the ear tips into my ear to stop the feedback, and what I should do instead is gently put them into the ears and let them seat themselves.

This worked pretty well for feedback, after I experimented with ear tip sizes a bit. They still squeak now and then, but rarely.

However, I still get a lot of pain in one place, which you can see in this photo:

It's right where that tab that keeps the tip in my ear hits the side of my ear.

By the end of the day wearing my hearphones, that place is throbbing. It's mostly my left ear. My right ear is a little painful in the same place, but not at bad.

Any suggestions? Or possible design improvements?

What size are you using, looks like you could go down one size. 

wrote:

> What size are you using, looks like you could go down one size. 

Medium. Have tried large, more painful. Small, more squeaks. Will try small again now that I think I got your insertion technique down pretty well.

First day using the small size: the place that was painful with the middle size is better. A bit more discomfort in the ear canal. But no squeaks, in contrast to the last time I tried the small size when I was not inserting the tips correctly.

Will give it a few days before declaring that this is the solution. (The discomfort with the medium size built up over time.)

Give it a few days to heal up.  I found a little lotion at bed time helped.  

Thanks again. I started using lotion a year ago. It helps. But the small size is working better for me than the medium, so with that size change and lotion, I'll mark this solved for now.

Hi, bhaugen,

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad to hear you've found using the small ear-tips works better for you.

Enjoy the conversations!

ST