My 2 S1 Pros as monitors for my T1 mixer plugged in my L1 1S with 2 B1's

I use both systems for a year now. The S1 Pros for smaller rooms and the L1 1S with the T1 and 2 B1's for larger rooms.  Working super so far.

Now I've been challenged with a much LARGER room and want to use BOTH systems with the S1 Pros on Stands behind me for more power.

How do I plug all of this together?

Where (how) do I plug?

Louis 

Replies should not come from Bose employees although highly appreciated...I would welcome assistance from anybody in the same circumstance.  
Thanks,

Louis

Hello, Louis.

You posted this in the Ask Bose for Help Forum where you will receive replies only from Bose.

Based on your post above,

Louis posted:

Replies should not come from Bose employees although highly appreciated...I would welcome assistance from anybody in the same circumstance.  
Thanks,

Louis

I have moved this topic to the public forum.

Bose Pro Community Admin 

That's great, THANKS CityFolk!  I needed some confirmation.

That's what I thought of doing but thought of using the Master Out instead since if there were effects setting for my microphone, they'd be sent to the Si's too.  What do YOU think?

To clarify, take the Aux Out from the T1 to one of the channel inputs of S1 #1. I believe you can use a 1/4” TRS cable from the T1 to the S1 too.

Probably set the ToneMatch switch for that channel on the S1 to off as well. 

Louis posted:

That's great, THANKS CityFolk!  I needed some confirmation.

That's what I thought of doing but thought of using the Master Out instead since if there were effects setting for my microphone, they'd be sent to the Si's too.  What do YOU think?

This is how I would do it too. In addition, I'd set the "prefs" for Master Out to be "Post" master volume to allow the volume to be controlled by the T1.  Using the Master Out, you get everything on all channels, in addition to Reverb plus you get all the channels with no extra set up.   You will use a TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve) cable to connect from the T1 to the S1 Pro and also to daisy chain the S1 Pros together.

If you use Aux out, you have to divert each channel individually and as you mentioned, you won't get the reverb on that channel. 

@Louis I don’t have a T1 so am not the best expert on it to ask. Sorry. I know there are some subtle differences between the Main and Aux Out and how you configure them that I’ll leave to folks like @ST to chime in on. 

My inclination, though, is to use the Main out to the L1s since they are your major sound source. You want your “best” sound from the T1 out of them.

I would have to study the configuration possibilities for Aux Out to determine how to best allocate sound to it from your other channels and thus to the S1s. That link to the Aux Out delves into this in more detail. I did see that there is no reverb on the Aux Out, but that’s not a show stopper since there is Reverb on the S1 that you could dial in. So you might have to fiddle with the EQ and reverb on the S1s a bit after things are hooked up. 

What we have done with the Aux out from our Yamaha analog mixer with a L1 and the S1 is just used the S1 as an extension speaker that needed to be pointed a radically different direction from the L1. The performance space was a 90 degree angle putting folks way to the side and in back of us, Yikes! We put the S1 on a stand pointed 90 degrees away from the L1 several feet away to cover that space and it worked very nicely. Of course, it was a relatively small outside area covering 40-50 people.  

Are there multiple L1s involved?  Perhaps I misread the original post.  I read it that he has 1 L1 with a B2 and 2 S1 Pros.  I made an assumption that he would use the ethercon cable from the T1 to the L1 and Main Out via TRS to the first S1 and TRS from the first S1 to the second S1.

@Louis, can you clarify if you're using a single L1 or multiple?  If you're using more than one, that will change it for sure.

@KingBiscuit good question. I was thinking one L1 and 2 S1s as well. I think our assumption is correct though. How about using the Ethercon connection to the L1 and the Main Out (vs Aux Out) to the first S1? Would that be easier?

Good conversation! Thanks for chiming in.