Need receiver for Bose acoustimass 10 sereis V

Hi,

I need help in deciding the receiver for my Bose Acoustimass 10 sereis V speakers.

Does Bose has a receiver for these speakers?

If not then which receiver pairs well with these speakers?

Thanks

Bose product name

Bose Acoustimass 10 sereis V

Country

Canada

Hello Iahuja, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

The receiver settings you need for your system are:

• Crossover frequency: 80 Hz or lowest setting
  • Speaker size: "Large"
  • Compatibility: 10-200 W per channel, 4-8 ohms

If anyone in the forums has any suggestions or recommendations we would love to hear them. 

Bose does not make a receiver for these speakers. You will need a 3rd-party receiver to power them. I recently purchased on Onkyo TX-NR696 to power my Acoustimass 16 system and like it a lot - it does a very good job. 

If you want to go a bit more affordable, I recommend looking at the Yamaha RX-V4A which is very highly rated. 

Purchase a 3rd party receiver that will meet your future needs.  For instance, you may want to add a second Bose Acoustimass speaker system for a Dolby Atmos system, etc.  Buy it from a store with a good return policy incase you get it home and don't like it.

Can I really use second system for atmos,  I was thinking to buy bose in ceiling for that

wrote:

Can I really use second system for atmos,  I was thinking to buy bose in ceiling for that

Even better, add Bose ceiling speakers to your Atmos receiver. The AM 10 plus ceiling speakers will give you a true Atmos setup. No need to by a second AM10 set.

ps: I am fan of Yamaha. They have affordable Atmos receivers. No need to go too crazy, just make sure you have the extra channels for elevated speakers.

Exactly, get at least a Dolby Atoms 7.1 receiver.  The Bose Acoustimass 10 would use the 5.1 channels, leaving room for two ceiling speakers.  Or, get a 9.1 if you want 4 ceiling speakers.