New Quiet Comfort Earbuds no sound from left earbud

Hey everyone, 

Sorry that you're still experiencing some issues with partial audio. Could you please ensure that you've been through all of the steps listed here in order to resolve this matter? Specifically please toggle of in-ear detection and let us know the outcome.

I found a solution for me , just try it maybe it works for you. So I just had the same issue that the left earbud is not longer paired to the right one. I noticed, that it happened while I was wearing them and lift it up a bit while it was on my ear. So I just deactivated the „automatic wear recignization“ in the Bose music App, let the earbud in the charging station and just lifted up the left earbud a few times and voilà, it was recignized. So I think it has some issues with the recognization. So just try it out, maybe it will work for you as well.

So I managed to solve this by-

1. Disabling the In-Ear Detection setting. Even after this the left earbud was still not blinking blue.

2. Kept it back in the case and then reset the device.

Saw that both the buds were blinking blue. Its working just like before now.

Have not turned on the In-Ear detection.

Hope Bose fixes all these silly software bugs. This is not expected of a product that costs a bomb.

Having the same issue, and none of the proposed troubleshooting steps have worked. So I have the option of either living with this and hoping to get lucky, or returning my headphones the very moment I’m home from my travels and buying some other brand’s headphones, because Bose seems to have screwed the pooch with this latest generation of earbuds. 

Hey , thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry that you're also experiencing an issue with no audio through the left earbud. Have you tried connecting a different device? 

I'd recommend ensuring the latest firmware is installed via the Bose Music app, toggling off In-Ear detection, and resetting the earbuds.

If the issue persists, could you please let us know the LED status of both earbuds when in use?

Have same issue and I am able to solve it every time I face it by turning off in-Ear detection, but it does not get fixed af the first try, it takes multiple tries and sometimes hours, what that means that sometimes I cannot use them for several hours.

It is important to mention that I have latest firmware, I checked it by using the bose updater software in my PC but something interesting to mention is when the issue happened by first time, I tried to update the firmware via the bose updater but the updater informs that one earbud is missing in the case, after I got my left earbud back then the bose updater worked well.

i wanted to add this piece of information just in case it help bose engineers in troubleshooting this issue.

Finally i would like to know if bose can inform if issue is software related or hardware related. 

i hope bose will keep all of us updated as troubleshooting progress.

Regards,

Carlos A.

I have the same issue. I tried all of these disabling resetting and the left earbud still does not work. I've had these for a couple months now and this is the first time i'm having this issue. 

Hi angerawr,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue also. Does this happen with all devices that you connect the headphones to? Have you ever had audio play through your left earbud?

Hello,

I received a set of set of these for Christmas and I have not been able to get any sound out of the left earbud at all, it has never worked even to the extent that there is absolutely no connection messages or similar coming through the left ear. In the charging case I can see the blue flashing LED and the white flashing/solid lights although the left ear bud generally takes a lot longer for the white light to go remain solid after flashing. I have tried resetting the earbuds following the 5 seconds in the charging case and then 30 secs press on the bluetooth button, I have tried turning the in ear detection on and off. I can confirm that the Bose App is 4.2.4 and the firmware on the earbuds is 1.07. I am at a loss other than to say I am very disappointed with this product. Any other suggestions are welcome but to me it appears to be a connectivity issue between the left and right buds. The right hand side has worked fine throughout. Charging appears fine and according to the app both buds are holding the battery charge. I look forward to getting this resolved with your help. Thanks Huw

Thank you, turning OFF the In-Ear Detection in settings fixed the issue.

Are you able to still see the issue when turn ON the In-Ear Detection back?

Thank you,

Ram

Here is the fix for everyone lost on this:

Put the buds in the case>press and hold the Bluetooth button in the case for 60 seconds>go to your Bluetooth settings and make sure you have forgotten the earbuds>go back to the bose music app and add them like new again. Everything should be working perfectly again. 

No need to disable in-ear detection or any of that other mumble jumble. You're welcome.

Hi!  My left earbud isn’t working either.  It’s actually showing that is has 0 charge.  I charged them overnight and the right one is full but not the left.  Help 

"Here is the fix for everyone lost on this:

Put the buds in the case>press and hold the Bluetooth button in the case for 60 seconds>go to your Bluetooth settings and make sure you have forgotten the earbuds>go back to the bose music app and add them like new again. Everything should be working perfectly again.

No need to disable in-ear detection or any of that other mumble jumble. You're welcome."

Worked after doing this thanks

I have my headset connected to 3 devices and on my pc the left bud wont work correctly. After holding down the Bluetooth button for 60 seconds my headset works again!

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name 

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds

Country

Egypt

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Iphone XS Max

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The left earbud stopped working and won’t produce any sound.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

noisy car ride.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

In the noisy car ride, and it is only 3 days old! 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Fully charged case and reset bluetooth with no other devices around.

"Here is the fix for everyone lost on this:

No need to disable in-ear detection or any of that other mumble jumble. You're welcome."

Thanks! It worked like a charm. My experience:

- left earbud suddenly lost connection/detection

- no audio, i.e. only right earbud worked

- turn off proximity sensor (In-Ear Detection on Bose app)

- both buds worked OK

- tried several tricks to restore in-ear detection: reset, disconnect, forget, switch off the phone, press&hold BT button etc.

- your trick forced the left bud to connect/detect the sensor => in-ear detection works again.

Bose QC Earbuds 2020 model,

Latest firmware update, Android 4.3.4, when power up, you can hear audio intro from left ear to right ear briefly, 100% battery message,I tried playing music, but only plays through right ear. I tried playing youtube, same , only through right ear. ANC goes in and out randomly on both ear. Switch to Iphone 12 pro, same problem. In the app, I turn off " In ear Detection" , I tried to do a factory reset, still same problem, reboot my phone, still same. Factory reset, unpair, pair again still fail.  Any solution update fix yet? 

Hi, I just purchased a new QC noise canceling ear buds yesterday and there is no sound in the left ear bud.  very disappointing.  i contacted the chat support line to only be told the system is down and to contact again.    i have already reset the unit but without any luck. April 24, 2021.  has anyone had any progress in recovering from this issue?  

I picked up 3 pair from target, ALL 3 pair have the same issue. I dont know why its acting like this. I’ve tried resetting the buds, removing it off my phone/app. Turned off my phone. Tried it with YouTube, Apple TV, Netflix. All no sound from left buds. I feel bad keep going back to target to return it.

Hi,

I did some research and got to the bottom of it. Go to the Bose Music App and there is a firmware that needs to be updated. It takes some time for this to be done and once completed my earbuds 700 are back to normal. Good luck!

This did end up fixing my issue.  I thought my earbuds had reset but I didn't hold down the button quite long enough.  My right earbud finally went out of pairing mode and then both earbuds went blank with lights.  Once I released again both of them started to go through a sequence and eventually both went into pairing mode.