New TV in Home Theater

I have an old Bose Cinemate and my new Sony TV does not have RCA cable connections. I found a converter box but the comments state Netflix & Amazon Prime will not work and some people complained about the sound. What other options do I have?? Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!!

I would sell the Bose Cinemate on eBay and purchase a new sound system.  For instance, maybe a Bose Soundbar 700 with a Bose subwoofer and rear surround speakers for a 5.1 surround sound system.  Of course, if you want to spend more money, there is the Bose Lifestyle 650 system.

wrote:

I have an old Bose Cinemate and my new Sony TV does not have RCA cable connections. I found a converter box but the comments state Netflix & Amazon Prime will not work and some people complained about the sound. What other options do I have?? Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!!

What audio out options does your TV have?

I'm guessing HDMI and optical.

To match the Cinemate experience go with the Bose Smart soundbar. You can always expand to a sub and rear satellites with that model.

Connect all your devices to the TV the use an HDMI connection to the TV and speaker HDMI ARC ports for the best experience.