No volume between 0 and 11:00

Bose product name L1 Pro 8

Country USA

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: New system, just purchased: Using a Shure SM58 microphone and cable that works with other systems, there is no volume out of the L1 Pro 8 till nearly 11:00 on the volume dial and at the level, it is very low. After 11:00, the volume ramps up but is not an any appreciable level till like 2PM on the dial. This is taking an XLR cable directly into the back of the L1. Doesn't matter if I turn tone match on or off. I did specify the Shure SM58 in the Bose software platform for tone match. Both treble and bass are set to the 12:00 nominal position. Phantom power is off. The unit has also been updated to the latest software via a USB C cable and my computer. 

Is this normal operation for the unit? I am certain others are using the popular Shure SM58 microphone. Can someone confirm you see a similar performance out of your L1 Pro 8 with the Shure microphone? Anyone have ideas why Bose would design it this way? 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I have had the unit for about a week. Operations has always been this way. I did use it for one gig and it appeared to perform well with the volume level set at between 2 - 3 PM.

Additional gear used (e.g. instruments, mics, FX pedals, etc.) Shure SM58 Microphone

Where did you experience the issue? (e.g. home, bar, performance hall, etc.) In testing the unit out of box at home and playing with it in rehearsals at home and at one gig. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took Updated the software. Tested the microphone and cable on a Yamaha system. Tried both input 1 and input 2. Tested a different Shure Microphone. Taylor guitar also doesn't produce anything directly out of the L1 unit using a 1/4 jack until 9:00 and at that level is extremely low volume. Again, with everything set to nominal on both the guitar and the unit. 

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on? (Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

App Version

Firmware Version Latest, installed 12/29/21