Noise cancelling 700 updating old firware

I just realized my firmware is old: 1.3.1, and neither iOS nor BoseUpdater app can update the firmware, manually connect through a USB cable to update and it says I'm up-to-date (message below). What can I do? Thanks!

"Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 

Your product is up-to-date. If you’d like to update a different product, connect it to your computer. If you’re done, you can disconnect your product and quit the app.
 Version 1.3.1"

Hi Hand,

Thanks for reaching out. 

At this time it is only possible to update to firmware 1.3.1.

If you are looking to update to firmware 1.5.1, this is only available for headsets which were already updated to 1.4.12 in order to address the issue with red and white blinking lights. If you need further information please view this thread.

If you have any further questions let us know.

My motivation to seek a firmware upgrade is to address the stuttering problem when connected to multiple devices (iPhone XS max and Macbook Pro) as noted here: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-700-Firmware-Update-Stutter-when-Connected-to/td-p/301689

Any solutions?

I am sorry to hear this.

As stated within this thread our engineering team are looking into this 😊 Keep an eye on that thread for the most up to date information. 

Hello. Today we have released firmware 1.7.0, which includes improvements to audio “stuttering” during VIOP calls in multi-point mode. You can read more, and join in the discussion, in the release notes which can be found here.