Noise cancelling headphone 700 charging pot melted in Around & On-Ear Headphones

37C80077-02AF-4FF3-896C-C696720F9A46.jpeg795FCF86-B0A6-4709-9838-6EF1438C364A.jpeg1993638F-B290-4E49-906E-377240C10A77.jpeg

I bought this Bose headphone in April this year. I started to charge this like usually and read my books for one hour. When I returned, this charger and headphone already had melted and they won’t separate each other. 
What should I do with this happening. It’s the first time event in my whole life. I just saw this case on TV. Please let me know next step I should do. 

Hi Choyearn,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Your headphones certainly should not have melted while being left to charge, as yours seem to have overheated while plugged in, please disconnect them from power straight away, if you haven't already done so!

The next step will be to reach out to your local support team so we can look into this further with you. You can find the contact information for your local support team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

i click the button that you posted with your reply, but it’s like a Möbius strip and it brought me here again. I’d like to know what should I do to get proper warranty. This headphone became distorted ugly and it won’t disconnect from the charger. 
I don’t think it can be repaired based on other similar case, so please let me know what do I have to do to get replacement. I bought this Just this year April, and it’s not cheap to me. 

Hi Choyearn,

I'm sorry you weren't able to find your way to our support teams but I'd be happy to help. I'd recommend reaching directly to phone support through the number 1-800-379-2073 if you're based within the US. Once you make it through to an agent specify that you've experienced the charging port melting and this will immediately be escalated and look into further.

If you're not based in the US, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide the correct number.

I know now the melting charger issues have happened so far. So I have a question. How has been your company handling this problem

s. I am so frustrated with my new headphones that happened melting problem. 

looks to me that you're using a 3rd party cable that is of bad quality, noticed that the cable itself is melted below the metal part of the cable as well. NC700 is a low powered device i'm hoping that you did not plug it into a fast charger with a fast charging rated cable as those will generate unnecessary heat if plug to a low powered device.

98B2D77D-177F-4D56-B2F4-2285C942A0C9.jpeg
If you blame me for using not your company’s original product, I want to tell you this. your company has this short charging cable and it’s so uncomfortable, so I bought a longer cable. And also the cable I bought is good enough and I am using with other items without any problems.  Your original charging cable is not good for headphones and cable because  it is dangling in the air with this short cable and heavy enough headphone.  I think this is making customers buy other longer items for charging. 

Hi ,

We want to deal with your issue immediately, by having this problem looked into further and handled by the correct teams. That is why it is essential that you reach out to support as soon as possible, and avoid using/charging the headphones for the time being. Please inform the team of any queries that you have regarding the cable and also the third-party cabling that you used, as this will be useful information.

We'll be happy to get this resolved for you when you reach out. Let me know if you have any queries regarding this!