PackLite power amplifier to power an additional B2 with a L1 Model II system

I currently have an L1 Model II system with a B1 and T4S.  I was looking to originally replace the B1 with a B2 sub for additional bass.  I see the Packlite power amp may be a good option.  Can this power work with my B1 and the additional B2 I plan on purchasing?  I see it can power 2 B1 or B2, so I assume it should work with a B1 and a B2???

Thanks in advance

Yes you can use the BASS LINE OUT of the power stand to feed the PackLite.  The PackLite will power the B2 or the B1, and the power stand will power the other.    Neither the Packlite or the Power stand can power both, though.  The EQ will be different with respect to which bass module powered by the power stand.

Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated...  JC

wrote:

I currently have an L1 Model II system with a B1 and T4S.  I was looking to originally replace the B1 with a B2 sub for additional bass.  I see the Packlite power amp may be a good option.  Can this power work with my B1 and the additional B2 I plan on purchasing?  I see it can power 2 B1 or B2, so I assume it should work with a B1 and a B2???

Thanks in advance

Hi jchaffins

As TommyD33710 stated "Yes you can use the BASS LINE OUT of the power stand to feed the PackLite. The PackLite will power the B2 or the B1, and the power stand will power the other. Neither the Packlite or the Power stand can power both, though. The EQ will be different with respect to which bass module powered by the power stand."

I just want to add when using the B2 you should plug the B2 into the L1 tower (that way your base switch will work) and the B1 into the Packlite. Also you should use 2 B1 in order to make an audible difference (1 B1 won't cut it). There was a post that explained this on the old site but I can't seem to find it . Maybe someone else here might remember the post ...or know where to find it.

I also should add that my favorite combination  for drums so far is an L1 model 2 with 1 B2 a packlite and 2 B1.

I hope this helps

Rick

Rick is correct here.  I use a CLASSIC, so the B2 switch must always be in the middle setting to work properly.  In my case, I power the B2 with the powerstand and the two B1's with the bass line out/packlite to drop the bass level by 6db, this allows me to crank the classic up much more than the Model 2 is capable of. 

my bad.. I meant I power the two B1 with powerstand and the B2 w bass line out/packlite