Power on but no sound from L1 Classic

Hello, I have 3 L1 Classics that have been trouble free since 2003.  One of them however has decided to go quiet on me.  The power LED comes on and the signal LED on the channel 1 and/or 2 show that the signal is present to the amp.  I can hear a faint hiss in the tower but nothing else.  Any suggestions?

Hi Eric Shaw,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

I'm sorry one of your L1 Classics is not working.

Are you using the R1 Remote? If so, please swap it out with R1 from one of the other units.

If that doesn't make a difference, take a 1/4" jack and move it in and out of the insert plug for both channels.

Try swapping in the Cylindrical Radiator® from one of the working units.

Try connecting a signal source to channels 3 and 4. Do you hear anything?

Please let us know what you hear.

ST

Yes, I am using the R1 remote but have not swapped it out with one of the other units.  Concerning the 1/4 jacks, I have always used XLR inputs from my Yamaha mixer.  Should the insertion of the 1/4 jack into 1 and 2 do some sort of reset? I have swapped the towers and it still didn't work.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Oh, and I did try  3 and 4 and still no sound.

Hi Eric Shaw,

Eric Shaw posted:

Yes, I am using the R1 remote but have not swapped it out with one of the other units. 

We want to try this in case the problem is with the R1 Remote.

Concerning the 1/4 jacks,

I'm talking about pushing a 1/4" jack in and out of the Insert points.

I have always used XLR inputs from my Yamaha mixer.  Should the insertion of the 1/4 jack into 1 and 2 do some sort of reset?

We're just exercising the insert jacks to make sure the self-connecting contacts are connecting.

I have swapped the towers and it still didn't work.

Okay

Thank you for your quick reply!

Hi Eric Shaw,

Eric Shaw posted:

Oh, and I did try  3 and 4 and still no sound.

Okay, it sounds like the unit has failed. Please call Bose Support. They can tell you about service options.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

ST

Will do.  I've read where there is no longer support for the Classic but I will most certainly give them a call.

Thank you!

I also gave a faulty L1 classic with same symptoms.  Just curious if your issue was fixed?