Prescription Lenses

Can prescription lenses be put in these sunglasses?

Thank you. 

Update: As of 12/19/19 Bose Frames are now "prescription-ready" in the United States! This means for existing and new customers in the US only, your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses (sunglasses or other) to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer, regardless the date you purchased them.

Original Post below.

Hello kath5900,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!!

We appreciate your inquiry about Bose Frames.

To maintain the warranty of your Bose Frames, lenses can only be replaced with authorized or approved lenses like the Bose Lens Collection. We are exploring partnerships to allow for prescription lenses under the warranty, but there are no approved channels for this yet.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

would not someone like lens crafters beable to put a set of lens in the glasses. 

We have the same question.  To be clear, we don't care if Bose offers the prescription lenses.  We are fine with a 3rd party (e.g. eye doctor) ordering and installing the lenses.  So essentially we need to know (a) if the lenses are removable  (b) the dimensions of the lenses  (c) confirm warranty will be ok.  Similar to our Oakley's it's a pretty streamlined process, but prescriptions are a must.

Hello all,

Thank you for your follow up questions. We are currently unable to support any use of third-party lenses. As any unauthorized modifications to Bose Frames will void the warranty, we do not have any added measurements to share aside from what has been posted publicly on Bose.com:

Frames Alto: 58 - 22 - 150, rectangular lens
(Lens width - Bridge width - Temple length)

Frames Rondo: 56 - 20 - 140, round lens
(Lens width - Bridge width - Temple length)

We thank you again for your interest and your feedback. 

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

This is very helpful.  Even though it may void Bose warranty, do you know if people have used those dimensions to successfully prescriptionize their Bose glasses?  Looking forward to giving it a shot (polarized prescription) as I have an eye doctors appointment this month.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Bose Frames. Our Frames sold in Australia are not “inferior” to those sold in other regions. They meet applicable quality standards for audio sunglasses and are protected under a manufacturer’s warranty. The reason US customers have the ability to purchase our Frames and alter them with prescription lenses is that prescription lenses are subject to different regulations outside of the United States, and Bose is in the process of addressing the regulatory differences to enable it to expand its prescription solution. We hope we have answered your question, if you have a specific concern, please contact Bose support in your region directly.

I just want to go on record as being VERY interested in these frames WITH prescription lenses! Unfortunately they are useless to me otherewise and I have to believe there are MANY people who feel the same way. Please forward to the powers that be. Thank you!

-Tom

Hmmm.... you have been that is Bose have been saying this for a long old time, with the advent of COVID-19  and more folks like me who use a computer all day I would so love this product BUT with prescription lenses or just bog standard reading glass lenses I will take 2.5 right now... and you can have my hard earned dollar I have tried and failed to get interest from the Bose exec team on this, trust me it will work, test and learn  _ I will happily test for you and feedback..... contact me...

I just got the glasses and they are pretty good.  However,  not being able to get my prescription in them  prevents me from using them often.  Transitional lenses would make the most sense; I can wear them indorrs and outdoors.  I cant understand why the lenses void the warrantee.   I hope they reconsider this rule; Ill haveto return my pair.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your interest in Prescription Lens for Bose Audio Sunglasses! We know many people are interested in this topic, so we have a guide for it here: Bose Frames Prescription Lenses Guide.

This guide will have the most up-to-date information regarding your warranty and prescription lens for your Bose Frames, so please check it out and let us know in the comments if you have any questions!

The below is accurate as of October 16th, 2020:

Alto and Rondo are "prescription-ready" in the United States, meaning your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer in the US only. Soprano, Tenor, and Tempo are "prescription-ready" worldwide. Some limitations may apply.

Where can I get a list of the lens sizes for prescription re Bose Tempo.

Hello,

We appreciate all of the inquiries and posts!

I can assure you all that we have passed this feedback along to development.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

I ordered the Bose Frames Tenor with Transitions lenses on 10/28/2020 and just got an email this evening (11/3/2020) that the lenses were rejected at final inspection and they had to start all over from scratch (pun intended).  Lucky me.  

Hi Bose,

Are you able to tell me if there is a maximum prescription i.e. lens thickness, that the tempo frame will hold? 

Thanks very much 

I am sorry but this is a peer-to-peer based support forum and we are unable to assist in customer service issues. If you need help with customer service, please give us a call. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US, Canada, or the UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.

Dont use prescription glasses with it unless you want to break it and keep on returning it for replacement.  I have 3 Bose Frames, 2 bought in Hkg, 1 in canada.  Me and my son use it with prescription glasses and it has stopped working for both frames.  Customer support in Canada is such a nightmare.  I contacted them in October and I havent received the replacement yet.  And in the meantime the warranty is running.  They dont answer the whatsapp customer support, when they do and you complain they will just stop answering you in whatsapp.  

I own several Bose products and today received a promotional email about the frames.  I got very excited and the first thing I wanted to know was if I can make prescription lenses for it.  If not, they are useless. 

I hpe you get this resolved.