Purchasing a replacement battery for the Soundlink Mini (Generation 1)

There have been several discussions on this topic but none of them have answered what I am looking for.

I have an original soundlink mini and while the battery still holds a charge, it no longer does for the time it used to. I am looking at replacing the battery to extend the usefulness of the speaker.

To save some time, I am not interested in sending this speaker in to Bose to have the battery replaced as it would most likely be more cost effective for me to purchase another speaker instead of packaging it up, paying postage & insurance, have Bose charge me for the new battery and to install it, and then charge me more to ship it back to me.

You clearly made the battery user accessible by only covering it up with a rubber / silicone booty which would lead many that it should be just fine to replace the battery on your own. All it takes is removing the 4 torx bit srews, pulling the battery out, replacing it with the new one, and then placing and tightening the 4 torx bits again.

If someone from Bose responds, please save yourself the time in recommending me to send it in to you and simply inform me as to where I can purcase a genuine OEM replacement battery.

Thank you.

Hey Tomthumb0,

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the Bose Community Forums! Happy to hear that your SoundLink Mini speaker has served you well over the years. 

You're correct, the speaker features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Like all rechargeable batteries, these can naturally and gradually deteriorate over time with use. You're also correct in thinking that the battery can be replaced. However, due to the age of the speaker, these replacement battery kits are no longer manufactured nor available for purchase within the USA. You are, however, welcome to reach out directly to your local Bose support team should you be in an alternative location to find the most accurate information for stock availability. For your reference, the USA part number for a SoundLink Mini replacement battery kit is 371377-0010. I've also attached the installation guide for your convenience.

While I appreciate you do not want to send in the speaker for service, depending on what region you're currently located within, Bose support may be able to service the system's battery still. From my experience, the price for the replacement battery kit in comparison to a full speaker repair service (inclusive of postage, labor, replacement hardware, and an extended one-year warranty in the USA) was highly comparable for your particular system, when the battery was available.

Please note, this information pertains specifically to the SoundLink Mini I speaker, not the SoundLink Mini II speaker.

Thanks for replying Andy.

I guess I am SOL and will need to look for a 3rd party replacement battery since I reside in the USA. There is no warranty left on the device so I really have nothing much to lose other than completely bricking the device but since my OEM battery lasts no more than a couple of hours now and you no longer want to service it due to the "age" of it, I think I'll take the chance on a 3rd party battery to get more usefulness out of a perfectly good device. Still sounds as good as when I first bought it.

I get the whole technology moves fast thing and you would much rather have consumers replace a perfectly good, working device with a more updated one just for the sake of purposely making it obsolete within a few years by no longer manufacturing any part for it, including a battery. This device was introduced in 2013 (only 6.5 to 7.5 years ago depending on actual release date) and I bought mine in December 2014 from an authorized seller (5.5 years ago). I would not consider that too old. Going on 10 years, I could understand but a device that was bought just a few years ago, I would think I would, at least, be able to buy an OEM replacement battery. I am not one of those that constantly needs to have the latest and greatest devices by replacing a perfectly good, and working device, with another one.

Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks for taking the time to let me know. When I purchase a 3rd party battery for the speaker (around $40 - $45), I hope to get a few more years out of the device before I am ready to purchase another one.

I just purchased a direct replacement on Amazon that (based on the photo) includes all of the same certifications. My "guess" is that this is "not" proprietary packaging and there are probably a number of products using the same battery. Here is the URL for the one that I have purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TV3WZ6D/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dear Steve,

i have this same issue and was wondering if your replacement worked?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Angela

Angela5, I followed the link in the post above yours for purchasing the 061384 battery. I can confirm it works and is the same as the original battery other than not having the Bose name printed on it. Good luck!

Thank you!!!  I've just purchased this battery, and hopefully it'll work for me, too.  I love my little Bose speaker.  Great sound for a small space.

hi all, 

v helpful discussion, I want to purchase this replacement battery also and bring my bose back to life. Anyone know what type of power adaptor should be used ? The cable is frayed too so want to get that sorted. I would feel sad to ditch the speaker as it’s a great sounding and sturdy device 

thanks ! 
steve 

@SteveLisbon, great question. Your speaker needs a 12 V DC, 0.833 A power supply. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Andy_B: Can you shed any light on why Bose used multiple models of batteries--3 or 4 different model numbers, I believe--for the Mini Gen 1 which are NOT interchangeably compatible? I'm going through a nightmare experience right now after purchasing a Mini Gen 1 replacement battery and discovering that although it looks and fits exactly like my Bose original, and is specifically for the Mini Gen 1, it doesn't work because the model numbers on the label don't match. Why would Bose use different and incompatible batteries that look identical for the same speaker? 

For readers of this message who may be replacement battery shopping for their Mini 1, be aware: check the Bose model number in the upper left corner of your original battery and be sure your replacement matches that number. Just because a battery claims it's a replacement for the Mini Gen 1 doesn't mean it will work in YOUR Mini unless those model numbers match.