QC 20 Noise Cancelling Headphone Jack Issue

Hi, 

Does anyone know if the headphone jack on the QC-20 noise cancelling headphones be fixed? It got bent while on an airplane. The noise cancelling and audio still works but the audio cuts out and is a bit fuzzy. I can get the jack replaced but wonder if Bose will bo anything for me as I think this is a known issue with these jacks.

Thanks

I'm not following you about this known issue. I've never heard of it. Are you saying it just bent on its own simply because you used them on an airplane? Seems more likely you or someone else accidentally hit the jack while it was plugged in and bent it. Accidents happen but that's not covered under the warranty provided with my headphones. Is yours different? 

Hi Alan.I.rees,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the Jack of your Earphones. 

We do not offer a repair service on our headphones, for the most accurate information in your region, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support team. Click the LINK HERE, select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

I have a few headphones of Bose. One od them is Quiet Comfort 20. The jack of this one has broken. I looked up in the Bose community and apparently this is a well know manufacturing problem/error that Bose is aware off.
Therefore I would like to know how to get this fixed by Bose or get a replacement. I already tried to contact them.by Facebook and locally by email.  Unfortunately no response.  I hope this is not the way Bose handles issues and leaves the customer sitting witha bad manufactured product.

wrote:

I have a few headphones of Bose. One od them is Quiet Comfort 20. The jack of this one has broken. I looked up in the Bose community and apparently this is a well know manufacturing problem/error that Bose is aware off.
Therefore I would like to know how to get this fixed by Bose or get a replacement. I already tried to contact them.by Facebook and locally by email.  Unfortunately no response.  I hope this is not the way Bose handles issues and leaves the customer sitting witha bad manufactured product.

I'm sure you've noticed in your research and read the post just above yours by Jessie O that Bose does not offer a repair service on their headphones. Jessie has also provided a link in how to contact Technical Support in your regiion.

I'm following. I wonder about this problem.

Hi All,

Ok, here is the outcome.

I did some discussions on FB messengers and got a lady that is responsible for my region (NZ).  I explained her the problem and referred to the article of one of the Bose engineers who confirmed the manufacturing error.  It appeared that the support desk is not aware as in first instance they told me my jack broke by accident due to use.   After I pointed their attention to the article I got assistance. I also mentioned I have a lot of Bose devices and expect some service from Bose.  The lady on the FB messenger understood and confirmed I would get a new headphone for free as a token of their good will.  She confirmed an email would be send within 5 minutes and 5-10 minutes later I did get the email.   It contained all information of the headphone, the service center here and the instruction to replace my old and defective headphone.

It took me a few messages on the voicemail of the service shop and an email.  But they responded and ordered the new device.  It was in 2 days later and I picked it up after the weekend on a Monday.  From the reaction from the shop upto confirmation of device available and me picking it up, it was about 5 to 7 days.  So not bad at all.

However, the new headphone, which is one of 2019, also has that 45 degrees jack.  So I wonder if I will face the same problem or if Bose has made the 45 degrees jack stronger.  I expected to receive a straight jack on the new device, as per the statement in the media of the Bose engineer.

I went back to Bose to find out about this. For the moment I am waiting for their feedback.

But I have a new device for free, thanks to the good will of Bose.    The service I expected has been given.

I hope this helps you all, who are facing the same problem with the device.

Kind regards,

Martine

wrote:

.I'm sure you've noticed in your research and read the post just above yours by Jessie O that Bose does not offer a repair service on their headphones. Jessie has also provided a link in how to contact Technical Support in your regiion.

Hi Grmedhat,

See my last entry.  I got a replacement.

I currently am having trouble with my QC 20 Headphones when I plug them into any device (phone, iPad, and cpu) and the AUX moves the sound completely cuts out. Wanted to see if there is a fix for this issue as I love these head phones.