QC 35 Powering on without Bluetooth?

All I want to do is use noise cancellation. But whenever I power it on the *** keeps saying "ready to pair!" over and over again. There is only ONE POWER BUTTON. How the hell do I turn it on without bluetooth- i.e. without the *** yapping in my ear. The guide has NOTHING about this on it - just says to power on and it "automatically" goes into noise canceling mode .... yes, except for the noise of that *** saying "ready to pair" over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that when the audio cable is plugged into the headphones Bluetooth is turned off. Does the Bluetooth stay off after disconnecting the cable when the noise cancelling is on?

That's a good question - I'll try it. If I plug it in and bluetooth doesn't come on, and I can just unplug it, then it will be fine. I hope to God that works, because I can't imagine how they would design "noise canceling headphones" that - as a default- don't actually cancel noise!!!

Hi

Your QC35 was engineered to work with a Bluetooth device. The only way to turn off Bluetooth is to insert the cord.

I did some experimenting and you can try this (it's working for me).

1. Pair the QC35 to a device (a phone, tablet, computer). Let's say it's called "agave's tablet"
  2. On the paired device remove the QC35 from the Bluetooth device list
  3. From that point on, when you turn on your QC35
    • QC35 will announce "Battery ___%"
    • QC35 will announce "Connecting to agave's tablet" (twice)
    • QC35 will announce "Mobile device not found"
    • There should be no more voice prompts until you power it off and on again

It's not a perfect solution but from this point on, QC35 will go through the steps in 3. above.  The whole process takes about 23 seconds, and then there's silence.

Does that help?

ST

It helps up to the point of making me know that it's futile- but that's something.

It amazes me how the headphones are classified as "noise canceling" but are not designed to simply turn on noise canceling unless you connect to a bluetooth - which implies that you want to listen to something (albeit canceling the ambient noise) ... I can understand that the wireless audio will only work with bluetooth, but wireless cancelation should be available as well.

I read something somewhere about turning off voice prompts? Do you know if that would stop the "waiting to pair" announcements? ... but turning off voice prompts might be even more complicated.

Hi

Yes, you can turn off voice prompts completely (instructions below).

Once you do that, there's what happens when you power on your QC35

1. There's a short beep to tell you that the power is on
  2. About 20 seconds later, there's a short beep to tell you that you have not connected to any Bluetooth devices

I hope that helps.

ST

Turn of Voice Prompts

You can use the Bose Connect App (in the App Store - Apple) to control whether or not you hear the voice prompts.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bose-connect/id1046510029?mt=8

Here's a screenshot of the settings screen. You can see the switch to turn off Voice Prompts.

Bose Connect is also on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bose.monet&hl=en