QC Earbuds - pressing bluetooth button once to switch devices doesn't work in In-Ear Headphones

(QuietComfort Earbuds)

According to the “tips” screen in the Bose Music app, pressing the bluetooth button inside the charging case once should tell me which device is currently connected, and pressing it again should switch devices.

This doesn’t seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

Firmware Version

1.2.7-11653 787c788

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Samsung galaxy S9

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Press button.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Anywhere.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

First time I tried.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Press button again.

I have the same problem and I'm being asked the same questions. We're you able to fix the problem.?

No, waiting for Bose te respond.

Hello Idontwantavoiceassistant, thank you for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your QuietComfort earbuds. I will be happy to assist you.

I would like to start with some troubleshooting, I recommend that you clear the Bluetooth memory on the earbuds. 
You can do this via following these steps: 

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device.

Connect the device back up with the earbuds and test again. 

If not successful, I would also recommend ensuring that the earbuds are up to date with the latest firmware, via going to the updater website: BTU.bose.com.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

That didn't work, unfortunately.

I cleared the bluetooth memory, and checked the firmware is up to date at btu.bose.com - it is.

Just to be sure we are on the same page, this is the feature I am talking about:

Incredible, how much we are paying for this kind of earbuds that are supposed to have this functionalities and are sponsored by Bose but they don't work when you try it.

I do press the button once but neither I can hear what device I am connected to or switch devices, of course.

Is this a REAL feature? Does this work for real?

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the confusion here! We have been working on adding an easier way to switch between Bluetooth devices to our QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds. This will improve the experience of switching between multiple, paired Bluetooth products. The information you see in the Bose Music app is accurate as to how to use this feature, but it will not be available until the new version of firmware is released and the earbuds are updated.

We do not have an official release date for the next firmware update yet, but I will provide you with additional information as soon as it is available!

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

To be sure, you say:

"(...) but it will not be available until the new version of firmware is released and the earbuds are updated."

Will this new version be compatible with my hardware? 

The fact that the earbuds cannot pair with multiple devices simultaniously is trully frustrating, combine that with the inability to disable the voice assistant integration, and I am about to return the product.  Having this feature would make it somewhat easier to justify the €280,= pricetag.

So make that date a thing then...

This is very misleading to the consumer when the Bose Music App shows a feature demonstration for something that doesn't even exist yet. With no release date yet, what happens if this feature was one of our reasons for purchasing, and then the it never gets released? Shouldn't there be a disclaimer in the app showing this is an upcoming feature in a future firmware update?