QC35 II audio jack not what it says

BIG GRIPE!  Your site and documentation says that the QC35II has a 3.5mm audio jack THIS is extremely FALSE!!!  It is NOT 3.5 mm on both ends.  It is 3.5 to ?????????????  I know this because both ends of the supplied cable DO NOT fit into the headphones. Can someone at Bose please provide REAL and usefull info? I ordered (not from Bose) 2, now useless, 10 ft 3.5mm cables.  That I'm stuck with because of crappy Bose documentation!!!

Bose product name

QC35 II

Country

USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)  Audio Jack

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

BIG GRIPE!  Your site and documentation says that the QC35II has a 3.5mm audio jack THIS is extremely FALSE!!!  It is NOT 3.5 mm on both ends.  It is 3.5 to ?????????????  I know this because both ends of the supplied cable DO NOT fit into the headphones. Can someone at Bose please provide REAL and usefull info? I ordered (not from Bose) 2, now useless, 10 ft 3.5mm cables.  That I'm stuck with because of crappy Bose documentation!!!

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Immmediately and NO

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Tried both ends of YOUR cable and found a size variation!!!   

Hello Hyker, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your QC35 and the QC35 II use a 2.5 mm stereo (TRS) input to a 3.5mm output cable. 

I do apologize this is not listed on the website. 

(I do not work for Bose)

I can see where you got confused.  Quite frankly on page 10 of the manual

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/headphones/qc35_ii/PDF/811772_og_quietcomfort-35-wireless-ii_en.pdf

The picture clearly shows / says 3.5mm audio cable.  A user/customer has no way to know that the other end is 2.5mm.  I agree with you that Bose should update the caption on that picture.  Same thing is true on page 33.  Nowhere in the manual does it mention 2.5mm

However, if you do a search "QC35 cable" on either Amazon or eBay you will find cables with 3.5mm male on one end and 2.5mm male (which is the end that connects to the headphones) on the other end.  You DO NOT need to buy the one with an 'inline microphone' - that is for a QC25.  Any third party cable saying QC35 in the description has 2.5mm on one end and 3.5mm on the other end.  You do not need to get it from Bose.

Thank you.  One would have thought that for the price they could have included "to 2.5mm" without overloading the site.