Question: Can I use the USB Out into an iPad with an Adapter to Live Stream?

Happy Memorial Day everyone. 

I did a live stream Saturday night. I use my iPad and a

Shure MV88 Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone for iOS.

It sounds way better than the built in mic on the iPad. That being said it is not great...I get lots of comments from people I trust, can't hear the backing tracks very good, the guitar could be louder, not much low end, etc....

My guess is if I could send my Bose Aux mix to the iPad it would be much better...I know USB A to Lightning adapters exist, but will this work sending Audio to the iPad? 

Thanks.

Moon Dog

I use a Focusrite iTrack Solo (Lightning) to record on my iPad. I usually just plug a microphone and guitar directly into the interface, but there’s no reason you couldn’t plug the mixer’s Aux out into the line input on the interface. 

Moondog wrote:

"... My guess is if I could send my Bose Aux mix to the iPad it would be much better...I know USB A to Lightning adapters exist, but will this work sending Audio to the iPad?"

Yes this works well. With an Apple "Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter" my T1 works perfectly as an audio interface / external mixer. Simply connect the lightning end to your iPad and use a standard USB A to B lead (printer style) between the adapter and your T1 or T4S. This does require the iOS program on your iPad to be able to select an external mic (most can).

AU