Recommended Storage Medium

Considering upgrading from a Lifestyle 28 to a 600 or 650.

What storage medium do you recommend for 300 CDs that will replace the Lifestyle 28 internal storage? E.g. a NAS drive, my laptop, a USB stick, a separate hard drive plugged into my laptop?

I recently received a "full" advisory from the Lifestyle 28 system, so to add any more storage appears to require an upgrade.  Since Bose is apparently out of the storage business, I am looking for an alternate suggestion.  Thanks.....Ron

Hi Ron, I'd personally recommend a NAS Drive if, budget allows.  These devices can be switched on permanently for added convenience, not only files but, a personal cloud storage or recorder for any security cameras you may have.  You can save music files in the highest quality format, your system allows for, without worrying about available space, depending on your usage.

Regards

Squadie

Thanks.......Ron

wrote:

Considering upgrading from a Lifestyle 28 to a 600 or 650.

What storage medium do you recommend for 300 CDs that will replace the Lifestyle 28 internal storage? E.g. a NAS drive, my laptop, a USB stick, a separate hard drive plugged into my laptop?

I recently received a "full" advisory from the Lifestyle 28 system, so to add any more storage appears to require an upgrade.  Since Bose is apparently out of the storage business, I am looking for an alternate suggestion.  Thanks.....Ron

I use Apple Music and Match. I ripped all my CD’s on to my Mac in 250kpbps AAC format. Using Match I uploaded to iCloud. Coupled with the massive library that is Apple Music, I have no issues with content storage or accessibility. All my devices have access to my Apple Music cloud account. Now Bose products support AirPlay, making access even better. 

I believe iTunes for Windows will do the same things. 

I'm currently ripping all of my CDs to FLAC.  Will then need to store them somewhere.  Either on my PC or a NAS drive.  Then to play it on my existing Lifestyle 28, I will have to select it through the DVD player (if I can).  Would do you do for a uMusic ability to select by genre and thumbs up/down certain songs.  I guess the new Lifestyle 650 sorta does that with sound touch capability.   Thanks...

I would use a USB drive (SSD or HDD).