Red light in Portable PA

What does it mean if my s1 pro is plugged in but I get a red light when the toggle on button is in the up position?

Hi Vintage Vibes,

The battery is completely depleted. Charge it up and the light should turn blue.

ST

FYI:  I've had a fully charged S1 Pro sitting in the backpack bag for four or five days and when I went to use it the battery was completely dead.  To avoid this problem, be sure to charge up the battery to full capacity right before or at least the night before you need it for a gig.

Hi Archtop Eddy,

Archtop Eddy posted:

FYI:  I've had a fully charged S1 Pro sitting in the backpack bag for four or five days and when I went to use it the battery was completely dead.  To avoid this problem, be sure to charge up the battery to full capacity right before or at least the night before you need it for a gig.

I've experienced something like this, but it happened when I left the unit in the trunk of the car for several days during a heat-wave.  At room temperature, the battery should not completely self-charge over four or five days.

If this happens again and you are sure the unit was turned off, please call Bose Support. This doesn't sound normal.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

Outside the US and Canada

Thanks,

ST 

I also seem to have the "sleep draining battery" issue. I recently purchased two S1 Pros and I always fully charge them after any use. If I unplug them after they fully charge and store them for a few day (Hoping they are ready to go next time I want to use them) the batteries are dead or almost dead. I get the red light flashing on the one usually and the other one sometimes doesn't even turn on unless I plug it in again then it goes red as well.

There seems to be some kind of issue with these batteries. At first I was wondering if perhaps storing them basically side by side on the shelf is causing the batteries to drain while off. Then I saw a few other s1's are doing similar things.

It would be nice to be able to fully charge the batteries and have them be fully charged when you go for them. For the price you have to dish out for even one of these - I wouldn't expect issues like this.

Thanks ST for the quick response. Good thing is that this is easy enough to check. I charged it up last night; and made sure it's fully charge. I've disconnect it from the wall outlet and made sure it's off. I'll check it out again in four/five days and let you know how it goes.

tez mnie do interesuje - 

Under Troubleshooting in the Bose S1 Pro owner's manual:

"Power LED is red

If flashing red, your battery has less than 10% battery life.

If solid red, please call Product and Technical Support at (800)335-2673."

ckilgore posted:

If I unplug them after they fully charge and store them for a few day (Hoping they are ready to go next time I want to use them) the batteries are dead or almost dead. I get the red light flashing on the one usually and the other one sometimes doesn't even turn on unless I plug it in again then it goes red as well.

Ah ha!  That is exactly what mine are doing!

Ric posted:

Under Troubleshooting in the Bose S1 Pro owner's manual:

"Power LED is red

If flashing red, your battery has less than 10% battery life.

If solid red, please call Product and Technical Support at (800)335-2673."

Thanks Ric for this reminder from the manual.  Frankly, I hadn't been paying much heed to it when it was running out of charge, but once I saw ckilgore's comments, I realized the symptoms he mentioned were the same as mine.  As noted above, I'm running a check on it now and will know in a few days whether it's acting the same way. I'll post what I find here.