Replacement A20 boom microphone

Bose A20 Aviation Headset

Canada

My microphone boom has detached from the plastic base. I don't see a microphone boom replacement part available in your list of accessories. Is this correct? My warranty has expired. How should I proceed. Should I try gluing back in place?

Hello Alex, thank you for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear about your A20 headset. I will be happy to help . 

I wouldn't advise gluing the microphone boom into place as this may cause more issues.​
​​​​​​
I recommend that you contact the local support team, as they will be happy to assist and discuss all service options with you. 
Even though you are outside of warranty, they can still provide support and services for you. 

I hope this helps! 

Hi Alex,

Bose will only sell the Comfort Parts - cushions and Mike Booms, because the Units have Certification.

You can send the Whole Headset back to Bose for repair, but the turnaround time is quite lengthy to be honest, depending where you are (I'm in the UK).

If you can't be without it, as has been my situation in the past, I have bought replacement Microphones complete from Bose or their Agents and replaced my damaged one, which I can then send in for repair to Bose on it's own. (It detaches by removing the Mic and Downlead from the Headset by removing two little screws) - You can keep the repaired one as a spare or for sale. But if you can't afford to do that, then the whole assembly will have to be returned to them for repair service.

Hope that helps,

Larry

How do I contact the local support team? Who are they?

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi Alex,

I am not a Bose Employee but they are referring to contacting Bose Service in your Country. This is a way of doing it:- Quote:-

"the best option would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there."

All the best,

Larry