Revolve Charging

There have been many posts about inability to charge the Revolve over the last two years.  With all due respect to Bose, the cause and many times the solution is not known.  I myself have had many occurrences of the situation where the % goes down and charging does not seem to make it go back up.  In the last two years I have had two repaired, had those two replaced with two new ones and had one of the two new ones replaced with another new one.  And yet the 'saga' continues.  In fact yesterday for me the 'plot thickened' (though many of you have posted on this already).

I fully charged both my Revolves last week and yesterday I checked them.  One was still at 100% but one was at 20%.  Again neither were turned on since last week.  I had never since any unit go unused below 80% before yesterday.

I tried my 'augmented' procedure three times on the battery (resetting it, waiting for the English prompt and then turning it off and charging).  Not only did it no go up but it actually went down to 10%.  I wondered if the charging it on a USB 2 amp port charger was the issue.  So I plugged it into an iPhone brick and charged it using my same 'procedure' in a wall outlet and then brought it back to 100%.

BTW - today I turned it on after no use at all and it was already down to 90% again.

So I am still at a loss and I continue to 'guess' what is going on:

1. I don't think exchanging the unit is the solution unless it can be shown that there are a significant number of units with defective batteries.

2. I think it is highly unlikely that the cable itself plays a roll

3. I remember a year ago when I did a measurement, it said the unit was charging at 1.52 amps.  When I measured it in the wall outlet yesterday it was just over 0.50 amp.  I also noticed that when I charged it the wall outlet, it used 5.25 volts but in the 2 amp USB charger port it was 4.97 volts.  May or may not be consequential. (I used Powerjive tester to measure)

4. I had always thought that a 2 amp port was OK for charging - now I am not sure.

5. I still am uncertain whether charging in certain outlets cause 'damage' to the charging mechanism which causes the charging problem/behavior we have noticed.

I have been on this board for about 3 years and have seen dozens of posts on this topic.  It is not an isolated circumstance.  I highly suggest that Bose engineers look at this issue to try to at least get a handle on the cause.