S1 Pro Line Out to Camcorder XLR input

ST,

I want to ask for the S1 pro recording function. Im trying to record the audio from S1Pro to a video camcorder (xlr input). So does it works just by TRS line out to my cam Xlr input? 

Thank you. 

Hi Reynaldo,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

Renaldo posted:

ST,

I want to ask for the S1 pro recording function. Im trying to record the audio from S1Pro to a video camcorder (xlr input). So does it works just by TRS line out to my cam Xlr input? 

Thank you. 

Maybe.

If your camcorder XLR input is set up for a microphone, the output from the S1 Pro may be too hot. If your camcorder has a switch or setting for a line level input, then you should be okay. Otherwise, you may need a pad  to attenuate the signal.

Does that help?

ST 

A TV production crew did this with my musician friend Jim Gibson and one of his Bose S1 Pro's, @Renaldo . The filming site was several hundred feet away from the venue and they had been working hard early in the morning to figure out how to get the right sound of an acoustic instrument and vocals without all the ambient noise. Jim showed them his Bose S1 Pro runs entirely on battery with plenty of clean audio for that situation and the line output on the back and he had all the cables and adapters to plug directly into their camera's mixer. Jim told me the crew was so stoked, that they bought several Bose S1 Pro's for future sound production. Listen to the end result of that TV segment here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5m7YNUPNs