S1 Pro System with wireless headset

I am thinking of purchasing the S1 Pro System as a PA system for indoor and outdoor yoga classes. I would like to pair the S1 Pro System with a wireless headset which would allow me to preserve my voice and lead my classes hands-free. My question to the group is, will the S1 Pro System respond well to a wireless headset and what adaptations would I need to make in order to make this work. 

I'm new to PA systems and their functionality. I appreciate any advice or recommendations about my speaker choice and welcome suggestions regarding viable headsets that work well with Bose PA systems; the S1 Pro System in particular. Many thanks!

I use an AKG wireless headset system (WMS 40 I think) for singing and it is fine with the S1 Pro

I have a SURE wireless head set and it works great with the S1 Pro.  My wireless guitar pick-up works great, too.  That should be a good set-up for teaching a class.  And it won't feed back easily.

I'm not sure quite where you will attach the receiver if you are in a leotard! LOL

Hi, dedeland42.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. Thanks for the interesting question. I'm glad you joined us.

dedeland42 posted:

I am thinking of purchasing the S1 Pro System as a PA system for indoor and outdoor yoga classes.

Are your classes for less than 75 people? The S1 Pro should be fine for that, perhaps more on the assumption that the environment is quiet and your listeners are attentive.

I would like to pair the S1 Pro System with a wireless headset which would allow me to preserve my voice and lead my classes hands-free.

Sure, The S1 Pro system can work with a wireless headset.

My question to the group is, will the S1 Pro System respond well to a wireless headset and what adaptations would I need to make in order to make this work. 

Most wireless microphone receivers will have a 1/4 inch phone jack output or an XLR microphone output. The S1 Pro can accept both types. 

I'm new to PA systems and their functionality. I appreciate any advice or recommendations about my speaker choice and welcome suggestions regarding viable headsets that work well with Bose PA systems; the S1 Pro System in particular. Many thanks!

When you're considering wireless headset microphones, for best results make sure the microphone is directional. This might be identified as

• directional
  • unidirectional
  • cardioid
  • supercardioid

If the microphone is described as omnidirectional (or nothing is said about if the microphone is directional, it's probably omnidirectional), then look for a directional microphone because directional microphones (aimed at your mouth) will be less prone to feedback with your sound system. That applies to any sound system, not just the Bose S1 Pro.

Does that help?

ST

Hi dedeland42,

I use my S1 Pro for presentations I give at elementary schools with gatherings of 80 to 100 students. The middle volume setting of the S1 Pro is more than enough for that size group, especially in an indoor setting. Outside, you may need a 3/4 volume setting depending on ambient noise level. The wireless I use is very adequate for the task and was very inexpensive on Amazon... “WinBridge UHF Wireless Microphone Headset Rechargeable Transmitters & Receivers 6.35mm for Voice Amplifier Audio Sound System  (WB008 Pro)” https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076...cp_tai_zkthEbRZ5FNPD.

The S1 Pro is battery powered and very portable. You can purchase a backpack for it to make transporting it easier... Bose S1 Pro System Backpack, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D...cp_tai_5pthEbKPZH7ZQ 

Hope this helps!

Dedeland42...PS:

Here is a better link for the wireless headset...

Wireless Headset Microphone UHF Mic Transmitters & Receivers 6.35mm for Speakers, Voice Amplifier, PA System,DSLR Camera (Not Support AUX & Phone) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V...cp_tai_Y0thEbDGZNMFZ

Rob Wright posted:

I have a SURE wireless head set and it works great with the S1 Pro.  My wireless guitar pick-up works great, too.  That should be a good set-up for teaching a class.  And it won't feed back easily.

A SURE wireless is exactly what I'm looking at for my headset. It's good to know the sound quality will be excellent and feedback is much less of an issue. Thanks for the reply.

Rob Wright posted:

I'm not sure quite where you will attach the receiver if you are in a leotard! LOL

Lol. Yogis have a tendency to be flexible. Where there's a will...

ST posted:

Hi, dedeland42.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. Thanks for the interesting question. I'm glad you joined us.

dedeland42 posted:

I am thinking of purchasing the S1 Pro System as a PA system for indoor and outdoor yoga classes.

Are your classes for less than 75 people? The S1 Pro should be fine for that, perhaps more on the assumption that the environment is quiet and your listeners are attentive.

I would like to pair the S1 Pro System with a wireless headset which would allow me to preserve my voice and lead my classes hands-free.

Sure, The S1 Pro system can work with a wireless headset.

My question to the group is, will the S1 Pro System respond well to a wireless headset and what adaptations would I need to make in order to make this work. 

Most wireless microphone receivers will have a 1/4 inch phone jack output or an XLR microphone output. The S1 Pro can accept both types. 

When you're considering wireless headset microphones, for best results make sure the microphone is directional. This might be identified as

• directional
  • unidirectional
  • cardioid
  • supercardioid

If the microphone is described as omnidirectional (or nothing is said about if the microphone is directional, it's probably omnidirectional), then look for a directional microphone because directional microphones (aimed at your mouth) will be less prone to feedback with your sound system. That applies to any sound system, not just the Bose S1 Pro.

Does that help?

ST

ST, 

Thanks for the very informative reply. I promise if my classes end up being over 75 people, I'll buy another S1 Pro to compensate! The microphone information is very helpful and I'll take extra care to purchase one that is directional. 

d