SA-5; iPhone and Sound Touch app

Good morning Bose community. Can I respectfully share my utter frustration with the Sound Touch app, the SA-5 amp and a new iPhone. Forgive please the length of this post. I have an Iphone 6, current IOS software, with Sound Touch app - and from which I have a Sound Touch (ST) 30 and the SA-5. Both were renamed using the app, both operate on the wi-fi network in my home and both work well. Except the App or the ST30 can't stream news for more than about 3 hours and I need to reset them and the modem almost daily (how this can happen when I can stream highest quality Netflix all day and night is beyond me). OK. so I buy a new iPhone 11S Pro and install the Bose ST app. And 2 weeks later the app still cannot find the SA-5 amp. Trying to set up (after many deletes and installs of the App) the SA-5 is not possible. The app advices include "cannot find", "not connected to wifi" and the Amp can't be reached by Bluetooth either. In the set up process I can create and find the BOSE SA-5 wifi network and select that using the iPhone 11 - to be then advised the app cannot find the SA-5 because it isn't connected to Wifi. (entirely wrong). A process of elimination is that the Amp is able to be reached on both blue tooth and wifi using the iPhone6. So it is not the networks. The connections to the SA-5 cannot be exclusive - because other members of family play music using their phones. The new iPhone 11 has been reset too many times to count. The new phone connects using wifi in the same house to other devices. I am quote lost for next steps in problem solution and so my iPhone 6 is now an auxiliary media player to the SA-5.  Of course I am unable to determine where the fault is - I understand there are af ew variables here - but I am at a total loss. Can the SA-5 be reset and would that work if it could be ?

Hey Richard2020,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences. I hope your Bose systems have served you well so far!

In regard to the current issue you're running into, regarding the SA-5 not connecting to WiFi, I'd first suggest a factory reset to help clear any underlying issues. To do this:

1. On the back of the amp, disconnect the power cord
  2. Press and hold the button on the amp and, while holding it, reconnect the power cord
  3. Wait until the light on the front of the amp blinks, then release the button.

After, I'd recommend using the alternate setup method to connect your SA-5 to WiFi, as shown below:

1. If connected, disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the back of the amplifier
  2. Hold the button on the amp until the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber
  3. On a computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi network
  4. Open a web browser and go to http://192.0.2.1 to view the setup screen
  5. Select your network and enter the network password, then select Submit
  6. Wait while your product connects: If successful, a check appears; if unsuccessful, an X appears
  7. Once connected, unplug your product for 30 seconds
  8. Open the SoundTouch app and follow the instructions to connect your product to your Bose account. When prompted, select SYSTEM ALREADY CONNECTED TO NETWORK.

Follow these steps and let me know if you have any joy connecting and streaming from your system again.