Setup in School Gym

HI all.  

I have been looking at purchasing an L1M2 system for our school gym.  We have a relatively small space, with uses of the system that will range from small assemblies of 100-200 to probably a max of 550 during our Christmas Concert.

Will the L1M2 be enough for the concert (with ToneMatch...but I also have an old mixer board) with some condenser mics for a gym full of people like that?  I really dislike it when we have an event and can't hear the kids (kinder to grade 😎 very well, and want to give the best sound possible.  I do also have a couple of condenser mics to set up in front of the kids when they are singing/performing.  

Is this system the way to go, and maybe rent a second unit for the one event a year?  

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi Scotwood,

Thank you for joining the Forum.

Scotwood posted:

HI all.  

I have been looking at purchasing an L1M2 system for our school gym.  We have a relatively small space, with uses of the system that will range from small assemblies of 100-200 to probably a max of 550 during our Christmas Concert.

Will listeners be on the same level (e.g. everyone on the gymnasium floor)?
Please tell us the dimensions of the school gym.

Will the L1M2 be enough for the concert (with ToneMatch...but I also have an old mixer board) with some condenser mics for a gym full of people like that?

Please tell us the make and model of your mixer and condenser mics. A link to the specifications or user manuals would be very helpful.

I really dislike it when we have an event and can't hear the kids (kinder to grade 😎 very well, and want to give the best sound possible.  I do also have a couple of condenser mics to set up in front of the kids when they are singing/performing.  

How many kids will be singing in front of the microphones?
What other sound sources will be used (e.g. instruments, what kinds?).

Is this system the way to go, and maybe rent a second unit for the one event a year?  

Any advice would be appreciated!

ST

Hello,

I teach a dance and music class in a local high school. On average, I have a group of 20-25 students, but the school gym itself is huge. Would it be enough to set a pair of L1 Model II double bass packages for a gym sized for 900 students? I guess I might need 3 Bose powered speakers.

Luke McGuire

~~ FAQ on Bose: How to choose Portable PA system for a gym ~~
https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable-PA/Gym-Sized-Space-L1 https://hireessaywriter.onl
my writer's portfolio

Hey Luke,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the forum!

The L1 model II system is ideal for audiences up to 500, so two of these systems with bass modules should suffice. If you find this to be lacking at all, another L1 system can always be added at a later date.

Hope this helps!