Sleepbuds II – Setup Guide

Hey everyone,

We’re very excited you’ve chosen to purchase a pair of our Bose Sleepbuds II! Hopefully if you’re reading this you’ve got your new buds in hand. We know you’re excited to jump right in and start using them right out of the box, but we’ve got some steps you should do first to ensure you have the best possible experience with your Sleepbuds II!

1. Charge the buds straight from the box for a minimum of 6 hours. Much like other electronic devices, this ensures that you will get the best battery performance possible. To do this, remove all plastic coatings, keep the Sleepbuds in the case, and plug the case into power using the provided charging cable.
  2. Activate Bluetooth on your phone and open the Bose Sleep app. Once in the Bose Sleep app, you will be guided through how to connect and set up your Sleepbuds.
  3. Finally, you may be notified that an update is available. This may take a while, but once complete, you will be good to go.

We hope you enjoy and love your Sleepbuds II as much as we do. Let us know what you think about them below or comment to discuss setup of your buds with the community!

Thanks!

Well, I’m hoping my order arrives early enough in the day to get the 6 hour charge before being tested for the first night. Can step 2 be done whilst on charge, or should we wait to do that until after the 6 hours?

Hi Denziloshamen,

Thanks for your question!

We do recommend that the Sleepbuds II are left to charge with no interference. After this 6 hour period, you can proceed with your Sleepbud II set up. 😊

If you have any further questions, do let us know.

How do we disconnect an older pair? Only one bud works snd it keeps searching for the other.

Can I ask how the sleepbuds 2 actually charge? Do they charge both at the same time or does one bud charge to 100% and then the other start charging?

The reason I ask is that I received the buds with 17% charge on both and immediately put them on charge as advised. Having just checked how the charge is going, the right bud is on 100% and the left only on 27%. It’s only been three hours charging so far though, so seems accurate for the full six if the case only does one bud at a time. Both buds were perfectly seated and both lights were flashing before I closed the case. 

Well, this is just great. An hour later and now the left one is on 22%. Looks like you didn’t fix these things and the batteries are still terrible. These will be sent straight back!!

I had the exact same problem. The charging light kept blinking and it showed only 22% charge on the right earbud.

I took the earbuds out of the case and used a toothpick to reset the charging case like I had to do with my version 1 sleepbuds.

I plugged my buds back in to the case and both of them lit up solid to show a full charge. I checked the app and it now shows they are both at 100% charge.

Hopefully that is the long term solution.

Is it still only possible to connect one pair of sleepbuds at a time? I imagine that a few of us have more than one pair, now. Given the problems with the last generation, I’m finally confident that pair will work through the night, and I’m not ready to go all-in on the new ones (which are undergoing their initial charge, now, anyway...).

Hello Kaw143,

Thanks for reaching out. 

It is possible to connect a single pair of Sleepbuds to the Bose Sleep app at one time. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know.