Sleepbuds ll base update

Has anyone updated the charger? I plugged into the bose update thing on my laptop and get a "not supported" message. Not sure why I was told to update base but the sleep app on my phone told me to.

Hey , thanks for posting! 

Your Sleepbuds II and charging case can only be updated through the Bose Sleep app. The Bose Updater website is not part of the update process for this product. The app should prompt you for any available updates. Could you let me know if you're able to update the charging case via the app?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. There seems no way to update the case via the app as it does not connect to my phone. Am I missing something?

exactly this point! If the case was updatable through the app, it would be detectable and reportable within the app surely? The fact we can ever check case status and battery life (sure, we’ve got light indicators, but no reason why it couldn’t have a battery life percentage in the app). The fact it’s not an updatable device on the support site or even recognised is also proof something is funky with the case. I suspect it has zero way of interacting with the app or anything on its own, my suspicion is that, if it can be updated, it creates a link via the connected earbuds during the firmware update when the buds are placed back in the case (causing a bridge to the app that is only available during this update status, otherwise it’s a dead device in terms of being able to connect or communicate with anything wirelessly or wired). 

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

The case updates as part of the update process when you update the Sleepbuds themselves. Once you have finished updating the buds, the buds need to be placed back inside the case to allow the case to update as well. The app won't show the charging case a separate component needing an update, but the case does get updated while the buds are updated.

I hope this helps clarify this for you!