Bose product name
Smart Home Speaker 500
Not sure, can't get it to load long enough to see
What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone 12 pro on iOS14.6
Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
Received my speaker today and downloaded the app, registered an account and then plugged in the speaker. It connected to the app and immediately required a firmware update. The status bar on the update showed 7% for a while and then eventually 40% and then it just started hanging and not doing anything further....left it for over an hour. I started to watch it carefully and it appears that the Speaker is rebooting itself automatically after a short period of time -- approx 4-7 seconds.
What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)
Kitchen, right beside mesh wifi unit
When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
Any troubleshooting steps you took
- restarting the app
- restarting the phone
- deleting the speaker from the app
- deleting the app from the phone
- unplugging speaker for 30 seconds
- factory reset of speaker (aux and vol )
- trying to get it into service mode to plug into computer for manual firmware update, but it will not finish the countdown from 5 before it reboots itself
- recovery mode
- manual firmware update using IP address (just keeps saying OOPS something went wrong, refresh the page)
In all cases, the speaker comes alive for about 5 seconds, long enough to say that to finish setting up/downloading the update via the app, and then boom, it goes into the reboot phase with the white bar pulsing. Note that the white bar is not going left to right, it's just pulsing in the middle for a while until the screen comes back on....for 5 seconds or so...and then reboot.
I'm not sure what else I can try. Needless to say this is a disappointing first day with this speaker 😞