Smart Speakers Firmware Update - 16 January 2020

On Thursday, January 16th, we released updates to all existing Bose smart speakers. These updates include SiriusXM Music Service, bug fixes and stability improvements .

Firmware Versions:
Soundbar 500/700: 7.0.10
Home Speaker 500/450: 7.0.9
Home Speaker 300: 4.0.9
Portable Home Speaker: 4.0.10

The firmware updates include:

• SiriusXM API changes. Please go here for more information.
  • Portable Home Speaker: Voice Prompts in additional languages - Russian, Brazil Portuguese, Polish, Sweden, Korean.
  • Universal Remote fix for directional arrow double-press issue.
  • Additional minor bug fixes and stability improvements.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments!

Anne S

Hi Anne, not sure if I’m alone, but I would love Bose to implement a feature on Soundbar 500/700 that allows users to set a predefined volume for Alexa. I frequently find that after watching a movie, the sound level will be quite high and Alexa can become extremely loud. 

A setting keeping the Alexa volume a consistent level would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey Kirbz252, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Thanks for the great suggestion. I would be more than happy to raise it with the development team for you. 

If anyone else would like this, please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Still no Multi-room Alexa support?

I agree with Kirbz252.

The volume level in music mode and in tv mode is not consistent. I would suggest to implement volume level memory for each mode so that you start with the same volume level when you switch between music and movies.

wrote:

Hi Anne, not sure if I’m alone, but I would love Bose to implement a feature on Soundbar 500/700 that allows users to set a predefined volume for Alexa. I frequently find that after watching a movie, the sound level will be quite high and Alexa can become extremely loud. 

A setting keeping the Alexa volume a consistent level would be greatly appreciated. 

Agreed, Alexa is too loud...have you tried whisper mode? 

I have a suggestion for Alexa functionality that I’m really surprised I don’t see other people talking about. It would be great For Alexa to be able to adjust internal settings on the Bose sound bar 700. Such as toggling dialogue mode or turning the sub woofer on and off. I still find it frustrating that my only option for adjusting settings on my home theater is through an app on my phone. What if my battery is dead? What if my phone is broken and then waiting for a replacement repair? My device becomes much less useful in that case. 

Can’t agree more. Ideally, the dream will be that Alexa could do everything that the Bose remote can do! Its really annoying to use remote to change input sources, turn on/off dialogue mode. Hope Bose notices this and start doing this in phases if not big-bang.

Hi!
Not only for Alexa users, Google has the same issues. One addition: it would be great if I could Group my Homey speaker with my Soundbar, by not using the App. "Play Spotify in the Kitchen and in the Living Room" would work, just as "let my speakers all play together" or something.

Also, I still have volume issues with my home speakers, seperate and in groups. I asked for a customizable volumescale earlier: nobody ever sets the volume to their max, because it is way too loud.

When my home speaker is grouped and I turn the volume down with the buttons on my phone, the difference between the two volumes dissappears: it's becomes the same volumelevel. Anoying, as my soundbar creats more sound on volume level X than my Bose 300 Speaker.

Keep up the good work!

Are we getting a software update to integrate legacy SoundTouch speakers?