Sound level change

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

soundlink II

Country

usa

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
HP laptop

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

If listening to youtube album and manually advance to another song, the sound level drops.  After hearing what sounds like a pop.  If I adjust volume on PC even just a tiny amount, I get the full sound level back.   It is as if a noise cancellation kicked in or out etc.  but I didnt think this model had that. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Home office

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Recently.  Has worked fine for a year.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Off.  On.  Charged.  Booted laptop. 

(I do not work for Bose)

From a troubleshooting perspective, the first thing to do is 'isolation'

1. Is it a global bluetooth issue - try the same thing by pairing a different non-Bose BT product

2. Is it a global laptop issue - try connecting a wired headset or ear buds to the laptop

3. Is it a QC35 BT issue - try connecting the QC35 to another BT device like a smartphone

4. Is it an overall QC35 issue - if #3 is positive, try a wired connection to another device

It is possible that changes to your internet, your playing/streaming  apps, or the operating system have impacted your playback and that imho the prospect of a hardware issue on the QC35 is to be assumed initially as the least likely caused and should be proven through the above elimination process.

Hello 29tomt and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with volume levels on your speaker. So that I can assist you further can you confirm what SoundLink you have; the Micro, Revolve or Color? 

Have you tied testing the speaker on a different device like a phone or tablet? 

Looking forward to hear from you!