Soundbar 700 will not recognize HDMI cable with Samsung UN43NU6950

I am able to use the Bose 700 by connecting the speaker with a optical cable, however I need the optic port on my TV for a hearing impaired device.   I can not get the speaker to recognize the HDMI cable. Looking for any ideas to remedy the issue.

Thank you

Take Five

Hi Take Five,

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be having with your Soundbar 700 and Samsung TV. I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend doing an HDMI reset. Unplug the TV and the Soundbar from power for 30 seconds. Then plug-in the soundbar once rebooted select the TV source. Then, plug in the TV. This should restore audio for you.

Let me know how it goes! 

Jessie,   Thanks for the assistance,  unfortunately after 2 attempts, no success.  Very disappointing.  I have spent considerable time with this issue,  which is unusual for a Bose product.  May be just me ,  however this has not been my favorite Bose experience and I own just about everything Bose makes.

Any other ideas?  Thanks again

Takefive

Hey Takefive,

Just to double-check something simple with you on this, do you have the HDMI cable from the soundbar connected to the HDMI-ARC input on your TV? It does need to be connected to the ARC input for it to work with your TV as that is the Audio Return Channel for connecting soundbars and other audio devices.

When connected with this port, you will also want to make sure HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. On Samsung TVs, this will be called AnyNet and will allow the soundbar and TV to communicate with each other correctly.

I hope this does the trick for you, let us know!

I checked the SRC and yes it was off.  I turned it on and still no success.   I turned everything off and disconnected the cable and still no luck.  Any other ideas?  Thank you

Cheers,

takefive

Thanks for getting back to us! When you say it does not recognise the HDMI cable, do you mean to does not appear as connected on the menu?

that's correct,   when cable is connected it does not show as an option when selecting audio on my Television sections,   sometimes it will show that is available however will not connect when selected.

thank you

unfortunately that action did not help.    thank you

Thanks for coming back to us Takefive. 

I would recommend trying a different HDMI cable. This will help us to eliminate this as an issue. 

Do you get a picture on the TV on the HDMI Source you have your soundbar connected to? It should give you a screen prompting you to download the Bose Music application.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks for the suggestion, i did try a different hdmi cable and yes, i was prompted to install the bose app.

cheers