Soundlink color auto on and battery drain?

hi guys.

just got new soundlink color speaker as my old version one unit has poor battery charging 

....but noticed that even though new speaker auto off after listening.. battery seemed to lose a lot of charge over night! 😕

.... from reading here it seems that unless auto off is disabled then the device is always waiting to reconnect with Bluetooth..... even in aux mode it seems!

question.,.can i keep auto off on but turn off auto on? .... think that would be a very good feature 

thanks 

Dan 

Hey Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you're loving the sound of your new SoundLink Color!

The battery life on the SL Color is 8 hours, and one full charge only takes approximately 3 hours. You shouldn't notice your battery draining overnight, and when you turn the speaker off it will no longer be trying to connect to your devices.

Auto-off is a great feature to help with conserving battery life when your speaker is not in use. You can read the full instructions HERE on how to adjust the timer within the app to what best suits you. I'd also recommend testing a different cable for charging your speaker, to see if you notice any difference. Let me know how you get on!