SoundLink Color II Firmware update - 3.0.5 - October 20th 2020

On Tuesday Oct 20th 2020, a new firmware update will be available for SoundLink Color II. This update will be available on the btu.bose.com site and over-the-air via the Connect App.

Firmware Versions:

SoundLink Color II: 3.0.5

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• Improvements to phone call routing and audio when using the speaker for phone calls.
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.

the speaker won't stay connected. Keeps cutting in and out. won't even connect to my sound link micro. This is BS. If you can't make the updates work what good are they. It worked great on them until this update. 

Successfully updated my SoundLink Color II via btu.bose.com without any issues!
Thanks for update.

The only problem we have is that google knows we have this speaker app connect. They even know the battery usage doesn't seem right for them to know this

I have a sound link color 2 aswell and before this update it already would not connect or turn on until so to speak jumpstarted and has to be that bose cord. Awful confusing it qont turn on to find when plugged in says full charge. This has happened on and off and can put you in a pickle if intended a charged speaker to function even if you brought an aux cord.

Hey BruceL,

Are you saying you've had the chance to install the latest firmware update for your speaker, and it's still encountering issues? Try using a different cable for charging the speaker, and also attempt a reset but holding the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue. If you're finding the speaker is no longer turning on by itself after both the update and reset, you should reach out to local support and discuss the available service options in place to get this resolved.

Let me know if you have any queries regarding this!

I'm unable to update the firmware. 

- Downloaded update

- plugged in cable to computer and speaker

= Nothing.....any suggestions?

Thank you

Hey Greenscreen, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help. Can I please confirm you are using http://btu.bose.com and that you have a SoundLink Color II? If so, please can you let me know what the btu website says when you plug in your speaker? A screenshot would be awesome. 

I was wondering about the cord also....

I've had my speaker for about 4 years with no issues.

Yesterday I noticed it was not charging and then went dead. 

I'm unable to do download the new firmware and was wondering if it was an issue with the cord.

Did you get a new cord then?

Thanks

Yes, using the correct link for the update.

I'm not techy so not sure how to get the screen shot to you.

When on the page all is well, just nothing happens. I was wondering if I might need a new cord.

I've had the speaker 4 yrs.