Italy

Firmware Version

(3.0.5)

App Version

(ios )

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Android 8.1.0, iPhone 5SE on iOS 14.4, MacBookPro 11.3.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Currently the Soundlink doesn't play any sound a part from the its own voice. I can restart it, reset it, and I hear the voice, but when I pair it with any device it doesn't do anything. It used to work. I cannot understand what has changed. I tried to reset the device list by presssing the bluetooth button from ~10 sec. I did it few times. Nothing changed. It was recognising the device, but it would play any sound. Last time I reset everything I manage to sk*** up everything as it pairs with my devices but the Bose Connect app is not able to recognise the Soundlink anymore (although it's paired). I've already spent 3 hours looking in the forum and reading/watching all the troubleshooting guidelines. I'm fed up. It seems ridiculous to spend 79€ repair something clearly comes from a software issue, not a hardware one.

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It did work correctly. Very happy for several years.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Read all the guidelines. I've try resetting the bluetooth pairing list many times, I tried increasing and lowering the volume, I tried restarting the device, I tried uninstalling/installing Bose Connect.

Hi alebarbieri,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear of your experience we would love to do what we can to help.

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what SoundLink product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

So, because I couldn't just stare at it, I decided to try pressing all the buttons with any kind of combination and timing. Eventually after going from AUX to Bluetooth repeatedly and raising/lowering volume it worked.

As a user I think that the Bose Connect app should allow to better understand the device setup. The design of the device in fact is great, but is not explicit at all. The voice does give you a feedback but it doesn't return a full picture of the current setup. When something goes wrong is very hard to get what it is.