Soundlink Micro Disconnects While Playing

My new Soundlink Micro keeps dropping the connection from my Mac, after 15 or 30 minutes of listening. I've read through the posts I've found about this on the forum, and tried all the suggestions. I've updated Soundlink firmware, cleared and repopulated the Bluetooth list on speaker and computer, restarted my computer, restarted my computer using the command sequence meant to reset power options, and deselected handoffs between devices. The problem keeps recurring. What else?

Thanks.

Hey jd876, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Micro, I would love to assist you with this. 

I appreciate you attempting some troubleshooting before contacting us and would love to suggest a few other steps. 

Can you please let me know if the issue only happens with the Mac or all devices? I would also like to know if you have this issue with all streaming services when connected? 

Let's also perform a reset on the speaker by following these steps below: 

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried this reset. It didn't ask for language, but did ask to set up again through the app. I've done that, and paired it anew with my computer and phone. The connection dropped almost immediately this time, after 5 or 6 seconds.

My phone doesn't drop the connection. Though I'm often not able to control the volume from the speaker.

Let me know if you've got other thoughts.

Jason

Hey jd876, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to hear that the reset didn't resolve this for you. 

As the issue still persists and you have attempted all of the steps we would recommend, Could you please get in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via the community. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Thanks for trying with me, Hector. I'll do that.

Hi, I’m facing the same problem. Were you able to solve the issue?

Hector, 

I have the same problem, but with the Micro disconnecting from my PC, not Mac.  I had hoped to used the speaker as an upgrade from my computer audio on Zoom calls, but it is just too unreliable.  It cuts out periodically, sometime just to speak to me with the battery strength and confirm that it is connected to the PC (during which I cannot hear the conversation) and then other times completely which requires me to power up the Micro again and listen to all of that as it reconnects (again, losing connection with the call).   Very unfortunate given what I bought the device to do.

I am facing the same problem with windows 10. I also bought the for the sole purpose of using it with the MIC for the Zoom and Webex. 

Every like 30 mine, it reconnects, but this causing zoom and Webex to freeze and I loose like 60-90 seconds of no audio.

I have another Bose Soundlink Mini ( which comes without a MIC), and it pairs well with my PC, I can listen to audio for hours without a single disconnection. So the problem happens with the Handsfree option in the Bose Micro. 

I suppose that the auto-off timer function sometimes doesn't works correctly and shout down device as like as audio has stopped.

I tryed to disable this function and solve the issue.

To turn this feature off or on:

Press and hold Volume  and the Multi-Function button simultaneously. You will hear "Auto-off disabled"

Repeat to re-enable the auto-off feature

You can also disable the auto-off timer using the Bose® Connect app.

My bose micro also keeps disconnecting with my laptop while in the middle of a zoom class until i manually selected bose micro as speaker in zoom app. It managed to maintain the connection for the next 2 hours. Hope this helps.