SoundLink Mini II Special Edition - FW Update 1.0.13

On Wednesday March 10th 2020 we are releasing new firmware for the Soundlink Mini II Special Edition. You can download the update through the Bose Updater Site. 

RELEASE NOTES 

• Using your Windows computer to charge is easier than ever before. 
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning under the hood.

Hi. My soundlink mini is still not charging after the update.  Called service centre and was advised that it will cost around same price as new one if i want to fix the battery.  There is a sgd50 charge to diagnose and payable if i do not wish for it to be fixed.  It is crazy for a 2 year old product. Won't make a second mistake.

Good luck to the rest.

This post makes no sense.  Current release is 1.1.4.  Would love to flash my soundlink mini II with an older firmware, to try to fix flashing red LED.  I've had mine 20 months and its trashed.  Waste of money.  Last Bose product I'll ever buy.

Hi Famepot, Thank you for your post! 

The firmware version mentioned in this thread is for the special edition of the SoundLink Mini, Not the previous version. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the red flashing light. I would recommend getting in contact with your local technical support. You can do this by clicking the LiNK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

What's interesting is, when I try to update firmware, the updater knows my unit has the latest firmware.  It also knows the name and serial number of my Mini.  So the unit is alive in some state, just won't turn on or charge.  I feel the issue is with the firmware, which could be fixed, but Bose doesn't want to, or know how to fix it.

Hi

Bose Singapore advised that they are able to fix (replace) the battery.  They mentioned that this is a known issue.  Nothing else wrong with the unit.  It will cost the same as a new unit.  You can guess what I will do.  Never invest in one again.

Thanks and good luck.

My registration shows my serial number so, my question is, why is the unit now flashing red without turning on or, apparently, taking a charge. This happened out of the blue. It just stopped working. I'd LOVE for my Bose SoundLink Mini II Limited Edition Bluetooth Speaker to work again.  I miss it terribly.

I have NOT installed the update as the reviews gave me a reason to pause.  The unit is as I bought it, no updates or changes made to it. 

Hello rhadkins2002, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! We are deeply sorry to hear that your speaker is showing a red LED. 

Let's try and perform a reset on the speaker by powering on your speaker, then pressing and holding the power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

Please do also try to perform the update if the reset does not resolve this for you. To do this please connect the speaker to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable, once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Pressing and holding the Power Button had no effect. I waited well over the ten seconds and nothing changed. 

Running the updater indicated that the unit is up to date. 😞

Now what? 🙂