Soundlink Revolve Speaker can't be charged by USB cable

Hi, I have a BOSE Soundlink Revolve Speaker and always charge it by USB cable. Yesterday I found that it failed to be charged. It still can play music by USB connection but not being charged. I changed several USB cables and have the same problem. Does anyone experience this?

And I wonder if it works if I buy a charging cradle and use it to charge?

Hey hs79hs, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are experiencing some strange charging issues. 

Can you please try charging the speaker with the original cable via a few different USB outlets as well as via a wall charger to see if the same issue persists. The speaker may not be receiving the  5 vDC, 1.6A required to charge the speaker. 

Let's also try to update the speaker by connecting it to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our Online Updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks for the reply. Today I try again, inert USB plug very carefully, wow, it works, the charging light starts to flash again. Maybe it's because of poor contact of USB. Anyway, maybe I should get a charging cradle in case this happens again.

As mentioned the Revolve needs a 2 amp outlet to charge.  A PC and monitor USB will not do the trick and once you try with those, it won't charge no matter what you do.  This has happened to me four times - twice on a brand new Revolve - either it get stuck at 90% or even goes down while charging.

Bose provides a procedure to reset which often does not work.  I have replied in another post in this forum the procedure I use and recommend to get charging back to 100% - sometimes it needs to be done multiple times but eventually works for me each time.  Do a search - you'll find it (and I'm lazy 🙂 ).

And remember - NEVER charge the Revolve in a 1 amp port, a computer, laptop or monitor or any battery charger in a 1 amp port.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the 

Update and good to go, after downloading updater