[Soundlink Revolve] Unable to play audio from USB

Hi,

Playing audio using the micro USB port as stated in this guide does not work as illustrated. I do not hear anything coming out from my speaker, I don't even think my PC recognizes it. I have made sure that it's unmuted and in fact connected.

Please advise, thanks.

Hello joeyrandoms, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with connecting your SounfLink Revolve to your computer. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please inform us on what computer model you are connecting your Revolve to via USB?

I would also ensure that your Revolve is up to date with the latest Firmware. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com by doing this, it will also confirm if your computer is recognising your Revolve is connected. 

Do let us know how you get on, we'd love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

I have the same issue. I have just updated the firmware of the unit too just in case, but no dice.

I'm using an iMac 2017 connected to the SoundLink Revolve with a USB -> USB mini connector. Long-pressing the (->) button does not do anything, despite the manual saying that it should say "USB audio" after a while. Please advise, thanks.

(I do not work for Bose)

Holding down the upper right button had the same result for me - nothing.  Here is how I got it to switch between AUX and USB audio settings.

1. Start with bluetooth on

2. Depress the right button and have it say 'AUX" audio

3. Turn the unit off

4. Turn the unit back on.  It won't announce anything but the right light is ON.  It is currently on AUX audio setting.

5. Tap the top right button once and it will say "USB audio"

To put it back to AUX, turn it off and then back on and tap the right top button once.

I had the same problem and joelirwin's is the only solution that worked for me. Thanks again.