Sounds playing through phone and not sleepbuds

Bose product name sleepbuds II

Country UK

Firmware Version NO IDEA

App Version no idea

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) IPHONE X

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I started the app as usual last night and the sleepbuds required an update so I followed the instructions. Now the sounds will only play through my phone and not the sleepbuds themselves. Sleeping next to a heavy snorer, I’ve used these successfully for over 2 months and last night I got very little sleep due to them not working. I’ve tried deleting the app, restarting Bluetooth, resetting the case and re-pairing the sleepbuds themselves. Very frustrating. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) bedroom 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

worked perfectly before, now I can’t sleep without them. Your update broke them. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

restated Bluetooth, reset phone and charging case, reinstalled app, re-paired sleepbuds. 

Hey Sbranney, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to read that you are having streaming issues with the Sleepbuds. 

I appreciate the steps you have attempted so far, and I am surprised they haven't resolved this for you. Have you attempted to connect the Sleepbuds II to another device to see if the same issue persists? 

I'd also recommend that we ensure that your device is running the latest software version. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

I am having this same exact issue. I just received my new sleep buds and the sound only plays over the phone. Please help.

Hey Jwags24,

Have you tried the troubleshooting posted by ? These will be the best start to fix this particular issue.

Also, be sure to clear the pairing list of your device being used, to ensure a fresh Bluetooth connection can be made. Let us know how you get on!

silly question, but are you starting the sounds from the right place in the app? After the update, the sounds on your Sleepbuds are found under the heart icon. The sleep sounds library is the squares on the right hand side and although that will show which sounds are on your Sleepbuds, it’s not where you start the sounds from, it’s where you can preview the sounds your phone speakers or a different pair of attached earbuds. You can load the sounds to your earbuds from that section of the app, but again, not the section of the app that you start the sound from.