SoundSport Free wireless Battery Issue

Hi!

I just got my new "SoundSport Free wireless" headphones two months ago

I was use to fully charge the headphones and then store them in my backpack to have them ready everytime I need them

The problem is that after a few days (10 days at the most) when I tryed to use them for the first time after 100% charge, I realized the battery was fully drained

I do not know if this is "normal" for this headphones or not

I use to have AirPods and, of course, after a few days the Airpods didn´t have 100% battery but with the "SoundSport Free wireless" headphones is 0%

Could you please help me???

Hi, I had a similar problem when I first got my SoundSport Wireless. I found it was the Find My Buds feature  that was causing the battery drain which makes sense because in order for the buds to be found have to be in  some state of 'ON' to send a locating signal so they can be found by the Connect App. Try turning the feature OFF and see if makes any difference. If it does then you have to decide if the lost feature is worth it or not. If turning the feature off makes no difference then it appears it might have another issue.

Hi OscarJacob,

Thank you for your post and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the battery. I would recommend making sure the Firmware is up to date. You can do this by going to btu.bose.com on a computer, plugging in the earphones and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Hi

Sorry for my late reply

I just wanted to be sure to do it right

I tryed turning off the "Find my buds" feature, it improved the battery life but anyway after between 1.5 and 2 weeks it drains off all battery

You said you have a pair of SoundSport Wireless. What is "normal" battery life in your case? (No use, only storage in the case)

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi OscarJacob, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

The headphones battery should provide you with up to 5 hours of wireless audio. When the charging case is fully charged it will provide the headphones with two full charges. 

You can find out more information on the headphones via the Owners guide that you can find here.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Hi

My question is a little different

What is "normal" battery life just for the case? (No use, only storage in the case)

BR

Hi OscarJacob, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us today. 

This will depend on the amount of battery life you have in the case.

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Hi Hector

I will try to explain myself better

If I charge the case and the earphones to 100% and then I storage them (no use, only storage) how long after can I check the case and still have battery

For me, when I charge the case and the earphones to 100% and then I storage them (no use, only storage) after 1.5 weeks (around 10 days) when I try to use the earphones they do not have any battery left (the same with the case)

Somehow the earphones drain all the battery from themselves and from the case

I already dissabled the "Find my Buds" feature

My question is: If you charge the case and the earphones to 100% and then you storage them (no use, only storage) how long after can you check the case and still have battery???

Hi there and thanks for the follow-up.

I understand what you're asking here! As with all Lithium-Ion batteries and charged devices, the charging case will slowly discharge over time. This is dependant on a number of factors such as the state of charge, the current used, the temperature, etc. Storing batteries at lower temperatures reduces the rate of self-discharge and preserves the initial energy stored in the battery.

As such, we don't have a definitive time for how long the charging case should last before draining of battery, though from personal experience this will last between 1-3 weeks if you're not using the buds at all.

I would recommend that you connect the charging case to a power outlet when you're able to, as this will ensure that the charge is always topped up in the event that you will be unable to charge this for prolonged periods of time (such as when travelling)!

I hope this answers your question. Please return to me with any others!

Liam W

wrote:

Hi

Sorry for my late reply

I tryed turning off the "Find my buds" feature, it improved the battery life but anyway after between 1.5 and 2 weeks it drains off all battery

You said you have a pair of SoundSport Wireless. What is "normal" battery life in your case? (No use, only storage in the case)

Thanks a lot!!!

Sorry, I've been away a lot and haven't had the ability to check my wireless set until this evening. It's probably been two months or so since they were last used. If I recall correctly at that time they were at 90%. Right now without any use since then they are at 70%. Hope that helps.

Edit: I should also add I too use the case to charge them but I don't leave the earphones plugged into the case after they are fully charged. They are stored in the case but not connected to it.

wrote:

wrote:

Hi

Sorry for my late reply

Thanks a lot!!!

Sorry, I've been away a lot and haven't had the ability to check my wireless set until this evening. It's probably been two months or so since they were last used. If I recall correctly at that time they were at 90%. Right now without any use since then they are at 70%. Hope that helps.

Edit: I should also add I too use the case to charge them but I don't leave the earphones plugged into the case after they are fully charged. They are stored in the case but not connected to it.

How can you stored the earphones but don´t leave them plugged after fully charged?

I would like to try this solution

Thanks a lot!!!

Sorry. I had go go back and read the thread again. I forgot you had the Wireless Free version, I have the Wireless version with the optional charging case so my suggestion won't apply. My apologies for the confusion.

These are literally the worst headphones that Bose made. I bought these headphones almost a year ago and head to use my warranty because of the battery issue. Bose sent me a new pair of headphones and I am literally going through the same issues with the battery instantly saying it's charged and it's not. I have went through every reset step with an agent and the only thing they can offer is to warranty the headphones again. Will not recommend these headphones to anyone. 

wrote:

These are literally the worst headphones that Bose made. I bought these headphones almost a year ago and head to use my warranty because of the battery issue. Bose sent me a new pair of headphones and I am literally going through the same issues with the battery instantly saying it's charged and it's not. I have went through every reset step with an agent and the only thing they can offer is to warranty the headphones again. Will not recommend these headphones to anyone. 

what is, in detail, the problem you had with the battery???

The charging of the headphones suck. To have the same problem twice, and seeing that others are having the same issues with charging the headphones, Bose Inc. needs to do something. If multiple people are reporting the same battery and charging issues, then the company needs to take a look into the product. Again would not recommend these headphones to anybody. 

Hi Daryel, 

thank you for taking the time to post! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your earphones. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue after the reset and the Firmware update, I would recommend getting in touch with your local Technical Support Team for assistance. 

To reset your headphones: 

1. Place your earbuds in the charging case
  2. Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  4. Remove your earbuds from the case.

To update the firmware, I have included the LINK HERE to assist you on how to do this. 

If you need to contact us, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Alright so ever since the recent software update for the soundsport free buds, im only getting like 45 minutes instead of 5 hours of playing time.

Ive tried doing alot of things to figure out what is wrong with the earbuds but i saw that many of the users aswell are having this issue.

Also another thing i'd like to add is that when the battery dies after 45 minutes, i place the buds in the case for less than 10 seconds then the lights stop blinking as if it charged 100 percent, i take them out to use them again and it tells me its charged 100 percent yet it only provides me with extra 15 minutes of play time, ive tried doing this but WITHOUT placing it in the case.

So when the batter dies after the first 45 minutes of playtime i leave the buds in my ear for literally 1 minute then i press the play button and the buds start again saying that the battery is at 80 percent, even though they just died less than a minute ago?

When is the new firmware and software update for these buds

I had the exact same issue. It happened after I updated the firmware to 2.8.0, before that 2.6.0 was working perfectly fine. After upgrading to 2.8.0 I noticed horrible battery drain as well as degrade in sound quality as well.

After trying all the options as suggested by Bose, apart from the also tried to do a force update to the firmware again, but still no luck.

I gave up and called in the Bose customer care and explained them the issue, they arranged for a pickup for my earphones, then in a week they were picked up. And then after another week I got a brand new headset replaced by Bose. Note: My headset was out-of-warranty, but since they were having issues after the firmware upgrade they just replaced them.

One thing I used to do is...always charge them via a power adapter, which I'm gonna stop an use the provided USB cable and a computer to charge always. Another thing, I'm going to stick with the 2.6.0 firmware which came installed in the brand new box as I'm scared to upgrade the firmware again and get into issues. If there is a new firmware update, I will better wait for reviews before trying it out myself.

And another thing, which one of the guys named OscarJacob posted stating about the battery drain which happens even if you leave the headset lying unused say for 10 days as you said is because the headset goes into a LPE (Low Power Energy) mode and the headset does not actually switch off, but instead it goes into LPE which is the main reason of the battery drain even though if you do not use them.

I hope this information help you guys. Cheers!!

I’m having the same issues, I’ve updated to the latest firmware and fully charge the Soundsports and literally store them in my bag, I travel a lot so when I go to use them there already going flat as the case is flat, I’ve turned find my product off. Really disappointed in these Bose and I’m returning them this week, I’ll stick to my Q35 which stay charged and just work how I expect from Bose. I’ve never ever returned one of your products before in over 20 years!!!