SoundTouch 10 Replacement to enable sync with portable speaker

I currently have a SoundTouch 10 but would like to have a portable speaker that is compatible to sync my music with so both can play in tandem. However, I know this isn’t possible from reading the community posts. What is an equivalent to the SoundTouch 10 that I can replace it with so it can play with a SoundLink Color 2? Would upgrading my SoundTouch 10 with Airplay solve my issue? 

I’m at a loss... I’ve had my SoundTouch 10 for years and am SO sad it cannot connect with a portable speaker. But, I would rather have the option of a portable speaker in my lineup than lose the ability to take a speaker on the go by keeping my SoundTouch 10.

You have two options, but I don't think the SL Colour is the right portable speaker for what you are thinking.  The Soundlink range are just BT speakers, so I'm pretty sure airplay wont link them.

Realistically the Home speaker range is the replacement to the SoundTouch.  And if you want similar quality you would be looking at the HS300, or the HS500 for better quality.  These will essentially do everything your SoundTouch does (with a couple of exceptions), but has other better features.  That can then link to the Portable home speaker which will connect over wifi at home, or be used as a BT speaker when out and about.

The HS300 could rebroadcast over BT to the Soundlink colour, but it is a bit more limited.

The alternative is you could purchase a Soundlink Revolve /Revolve and they will BT to the Soundlink colour.  But you don't get any of the streaming features that the Wifi speakers have.  So everything plays from your phone.  You have limited range as BT needs to be within 10m for a strong connection.

BlueTooth should connect both devices. 

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Bluetooth via the Bose connect or SoundTouch app? 

This is super helpful! As much as it pains me to say it, I was a considering selling my SoundTouch and getting the HS300 or 500 before I posted this. Your response makes me feel reassured that’s a good move. I used to have two ST10’s but unfortunately one was stolen which defeats the purpose of having speakers in different areas of my house. Figured now might be time to switch to a new family of speakers. I really love that the ST10s link with my Alexa without any maintenance to keep up with its connection. Love that the Home Speakers have that compatibility.  

But if you don’t think the SL Color is the right portable speaker for what I’m looking for... what would you recommend? Is the “portable home” speaker you mentioned a different portable home speaker that’s in the same family as the HS300/500? I checked the main Bose website and I wasn’t seeing it. Could definitely be missing it. Or will i be good with a HS300/500 and SL Color? 

Ah, it looks like they changed the name to "Portable Smart Speaker" (link below even has the old name in it 🙂 )

(https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/smart_home/bose-portable-home-speaker.html#v=bose_portable_home_speaker_black)

It's the same family, so will work independently and just like the HS300/500 (including Alexa) when on Wifi, but will also link through the Bose Music app.  While out and about will work as a BT speaker directly from your phone.

I have this speaker. I works with WiFi, BlueTooth and Airplay. Same rich deep Bose sound. Same quality build. I have used it in in a variety of situations and remain very pleased. I looked at other Bose speakers for outside use, in and around my RV and on the patio. This one fit the bill. I put a form fitting rubber case on it further ruggedizing the speaker.

👍👍

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

okay... so I did some more research over the weekend and believe I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to keep the SL Color II and get a Home 300 to replace my ST 10.... Id love to get the portable home you both recommended but have a $200 budget for a new speaker. I could return the color and up my budget, but I’d rather have two separate speakers than one really nice one.
I really love how my ST10 links with Alexa - the Home 300 seems to accomplish being able to sync with a portable speaker, reliable WiFi connectivity and smart capabilities.
You all think this is a good move?

Or would I be better off getting one of the SL Revolve speakers to go with the SL Color?

Save up and get the Bose Portable, it really is a nice speaker. I also suggest the protective sleeve available on Amazon.