SoundTouch 10 won't connect to wifi

Hi. We bought 2 x SoundTouch 10 speakers when we got a Wave.  These were purchased years ago in the UK. We never set up the second SoundTouch 10 however until recently.

On trying to set up the speaker to the WiFi we keep getting a message saying this cannot be done.  We have tried repeatedly.

I have reset the speaker and Wifi router as advised elsewhere and carried out a factory reset, but the same problem exists.  

We have tried the alternative setup, and I am able to connect my Galaxy S10 to the speaker's WiFI but when I enter http:\\192.0.2.1 I get an error message saying it can't connect.

The Wave and other SoundTouch 10 are working well, but this additional speaker seems to have a problem connecting to Wifi, with a very strong wifi signal (and limited other tech connected to wifi) throughout the house.  Connection to Bluetooth is working fine, but I can't get this other speaker connected and I have tried everything I could find online.  These are out of guarantee.  Is there anything else I can try or does this sound like faulty hardware/firmware?  I have tried to update the software but I don't think this is working either.

I should add that this problematic speaker although years old is literally brand new out of the box. Appreciate we should have opened the box and tested the speaker when we bought it... hindsight is wonderful, but bit confused that the other speakers are working great hence me thinking it's a hardware fault.

Thanks. Martin.