Soundtouch 20 cannot connect to Soundtouch account

Our Soundtouch 20 wi-fi music system (no bluetooth) doesn’t connect to the Soundtouch account anymore. When I reset it pressing 2 and -volume, it can be recognized in the wifi, it is also visible, but at the next step, when I have to assign it a name I get a pop-up window saying “Can’t connect. Something happened and we couldn’t add the speaker to your Soundtouch account. Please try again later.” I can then only click “Exit setup”.

Have tried many things - done a full reset of the Soundtouch 20, checked wifi connection, reloaded the Soundtouch app in iPad and desktop computer, but nothings seems to change.

Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.

I was having the same exact issue until moments ago. I have the series 3 (with Bluetooth) but it shouldn't matter. You probably need to upgrade the software directly (manually) to the Soundtouch speaker.

Go to:

https://www.boselatam.com/en_ar/support/article/updating-soundtouch-30-20-systems.html

Find your model, download the software, connect your speaker to where you downloaded the software and install. It worked for me. Good luck.

Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty connecting your system to the SoundTouch app - however, I'd be happy to help!

As mentions, the best fix for this sort of situation is to first check your product firmware is up-to-date. Therefore, follow the steps listed HERE, under the heading 'Updating the system using a computer and USB cable'.

After you've completed this, try set up again from the start and you should find your system connects to the app. Let us know how you get on!

Hi, this solution really helped! Device now updated and fully functional.

Thanks.

, I am so glad that Sam's solution worked for you! Please can you mark it as the accepted solution to help others who may have the same issue? 

I have (100%) uploaded the upgrade file (99mb) via USB cable. System is now installing the update for more than 16 hours and I don't see any progress. What should be the next step to solve this?