Soundtouch 30 Series III White Vertical Bar in Display

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Soundtouch 30 Series III

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
N/A - just looking at the display with nothing on

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Yesterday I noticed a white vertical bar from top to bottom of the display screen.  The clock still displays but the bar is through it.  The rest of the display shows what is playing etc, except the white bar won't go away.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Kitchen

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Yesterday

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Unplugged speaker, waited 5 min, plugged back in.  Checked software app for update, none available, checked Bose support forum and googled it, nothing found.

Hey bkbonew,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are having this experience, we appreciate you taking the time to perform some great troubleshooting.

Are you able to send us an image of your display showing this white line? This will give us a clearer understanding on what is going on here, you can drag and drop an image into your community post 

I look forward to hearing from you.

I am trying to attach a photo to this message but I keep getting an error that the message was removed due to HTML formatting.  I haven't added any formatting.

Attached is a photo.

Thank you very much for providing us with this image. 

If a product reset has not provided any improvements: Turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

Please reach out to your local Bose technical support team regarding service. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. Do note, if you are contacting through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions or out of warranty services.

Thank you.